Wednesday 4 December 2019

Elvis! Elvis! Let me be! 🎶

Cori and I got "All Shook Up" a couple weeks ago at Elvis in Concert! It was at her local fire department and she thought it was going to be more of a concert than a fundraiser in the event hall, but we went and had a fantastic time!
You were encouraged to dress from the 50's, 60's, or 70's, so we did! 


When we first walked in to look for our table, I saw these Pink Ladies and thought they looked like a lot of fun. Low and behold, that's where we belonged! And as Cori dressed as a Pink Lady, she certainly fit it. I was the outcast 60's chick.😉


Another plus to our table, we were right up front!
So guess who got the first kiss from Elvis?


This chick, what a treat! And then he gave me the first scarf... best seat ever!


Then we had some fun taking photos with Elvis.


I must say, young Elvis was just gorgeous!
Did I ever tell you that my Mom, as a young lady, met him while he was stationed in Germany in the Army? Lucky her!


We also has this cutie at our table. He likes Elvis because he likes Lilo and Stitch, and Stitch likes Elvis. He really was adorable.


I guess it was only fair that Cori got a Teddy Bear from Elvis since I got the first kiss! Can you tell she was happy?


And that was our evening, somewhat out of the norm for us, but we had a blast!


I found this free chart online and I think I need to stitch it as a sweet memory of our night out.
Elvis cross stitch

7 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

That looks like you had a lot of fun :D

Linda said...

Oh what an awesome evening Astrid. I saw him in concert in 1971 in Lake Tahoe, Nev. I never thought I would ever get to see him live. I thought he only performed in Vegas. What a thrill.

Linda

Cathy said...

What a fun evening! We had an Elvis Impersonator at my parents' 40th anniversary party. My daughter who was seven at the time thought she would be totally bored, but Elvis gave her a scarf and took a picture with her and she had the best time. BTW, he was a friend of my sister's and a really good impersonator. He's also appeared at the Orange County Fair and was a 5th grade teacher.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It looks like you had so much fun! There are so many good Elvis impersonators around and it's nice to see that his music will never die.

Katie said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing!!

Barb said...

What a fun time. Even though, I hate to admit. I was not an Elvis fan!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That was a fun evening! My Mum was an Elvis fan so I remember the Summer he died - all his films were shown on UK TV, one per day and we watched them all!