Sunday 15 December 2019

Christmas Exchange at Needlecraft Haven 🎁

I'm just a little behind on posting the exchange we did at the beginning of the month, but here it is. 

This is what I received (minus the background).


Oooh, look what I opened, so lovely! The background fabric is the same one used on the ornament, perfect.


Isn't it adorable?! I wrote that I like polar bears and was not disappointed! We didn't know until later who sent it, so a huge thank you to Deb, what a beautiful way to start Christmas.


This is what I sent to Dusty, it was fun putting it together.


I had no idea what to stitch, but I thought this little guy was cute. It didn't come together as well as I would have liked, so don't look too closely.

I placed it in a tin lid from a cookie container I had, and asked DH to drill a hole on top for the string.


Thanks to Christine for organizing the exchange and thanks again to Deb for such a lovely ornament - another fun event at Needlecraft Haven!

14 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like such a fun exchange. Polar bears are definitely a fitting theme for this time of year!

Barb said...

What lovely gifts, both sent and received!!

diamondc said...

Astrid: You have done a lovely job with the bear he is sooo cute.
Lovely gift exchanges, the polar bear and penguin are adorable.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Linda said...

Great exchange from both you Astrid. I am not a finisher so have never done an exchange.

Linda

Meg said...

How fun! I think the ornament you put together is adorable!

Cathy said...

You both did well with your exchange gifts!

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

What a great little exchange. Looks like a lot of fun!

Rachel said...

Lovely exchange gifts. Your polar bear looks perfect in his cookie tin lid. :)

Vickie said...

Oh I think you both did very well! How cute!

Julie said...

Everything was so beautiful in this exchange x

Mary said...

Wonderful exchange and I love bears to the polar is really special. Don't you just love andes mints?

Katie said...

What a fun exchange. Thanks for sharing.

Bethan said...

Such a lovely exchange x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another lovely exchange. I love the Ornament you received. I'm not such a "cute" fan LOL. But the tun lid is an inspired finishing idea.