Wednesday 11 August 2021

Shopping at the Beach 🛍

While we're here for a week staying in Sandbridge, near Virginia Beach, I looked to see if there was a nearby stitching shop... Score!
It was only about 1/2 hour away from where we are, so off I went.
Welcome to Dyeing to Stitch


A wall of colour, although I couldn't get them all in the photo.


These next photos don't need an explanation.
I love how they are all finished!





Oh my, these are all so beautiful, stitched just the way I like them as smalls!




Did I really need anything? Nope.
Did I really want everything something? Yep!
I'm all for supporting small businesses, so I felt I needed to help them out just a little bit. 😉
When I get home I'll be looking through my fabric stash so I can start, but which (witch?) one?!


While I was there, multiple orders were being gathered and packaged for posting. So if you need to order anything, expect a quick turnaround!
It was a lovely shop, very friendly and helpful, and I will be shopping there again when we come back to Sandbridge the next time. Maybe next year?

10 comments:

Carol said...

Oooooh I bet you felt like you were in heaven … I must admit when we go away I often Google local craft shops to see if there is somewhere to have a mooch and indulge my hobby … which seems to be collecting fabric at the moment 😂😂😂

diamondc said...

Astrid: Lovey post, nice new stash.

Catherine

Mary said...

Oh, how I would love to go to a stitching shop filled with all those completed stitches! So nice of you to support the store!:) You just gave me the desire to stitch my Oct word play. I see you got the floss for the Silhowithes Quaker.

jocondine said...

What a great shop, of course you had to buy something and Silhowitches Quaker is amazing. I hope you'll start it soon! Lucky you to find this place during your stay. xxx

Linda said...

I haven't been in a cross stitch store in many many years. Lovely place. Do you happen to know who the designer is for the monthly set hanging in a row?

Linda

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh goodness - I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I were in that shop!

Barb said...

Your really hit the jackpot!! I love both charts you got. I have the word play the monthly series and put it up every month. I do love that witch design, it is on my maybe list! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Faith... said...

What luck to find a LNS! They certainly have a lot of inspiration on those walls! I so miss going to a LNS. The one here is about three hours away!! I am NOT a quaker girl but I may just need to get that Silhowitches Quaker. I look forward to seeing yours started.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I have never in my life seen anything like this shop!!!!! We all need and LNS like this place. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely shop, I could spend hours in there! I love the sampler walls and their clever ways of displaying everything.
The Teresa Kogut Quaker is fabulous!