Monday 9 August 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt - Friends 📷🥰

Welcome to the first word of the Scavenger Photo Hunt for August. As always, anyone can join in with whatever inspires you and I can always add it after the sign up is closed, just like I'm doing now!
This week's word is -


Friends
 Where would we be without our friends? I treasure my friends, my chosen sisters, especially since I have two brothers!


I have been friends with these lovely ladies since we were 5/6 years old in elementary school. We all lived in the same neighbourhood and even now we all live fairly close to each other. We don't get together as often as we used to, but we all know we're here for each other whenever needed.


This friendship started when we met on the QEII when she was 17 and I was 15. Although she lives in Canada and there was a gap with us being in touch, on my 50th we got to see each other when we went to Canada to celebrate. Then I got to see her again when she came to DC for a conference two summers ago.


After that trip, I had a surprise birthday party with more treasured friends!


Now this is a true friend, she works for the Ravens and invited me to the Ravens vs Saints game and "allowed" me to wear my gear! And at the very end of the game, the Saints ended up winning! We're still friends and she even invited me to the pre-season game on Saturday evening when they play each other again. 😜


A true trio of trouble with these two! Oh, the conversations we've had, nothing is taboo!


On Instagram, I've joined in with the #commonthreadedstitcher and it was Stitching Friends day yesterday, how appropriate! You can see it here... astrid.dragonstitches.
I stitched this for dear Karen when she moved back to Maryland and she now lives near me.


This is something I stitched for a friend, but then sadly we had a falling out. Lack of communication on both our parts played a factor, and ever sadder that she ended up dying from cancer that had returned.


See you on Friday for the next hunt - Starts with a S, something should spike your senses?

7 comments:

Barb said...

Great pictures for the friends post!

Threads through my life said...

I agree with Barb, great pictures. You must have many thousands of photos in your archives! Begins with S, I've so many! I'll have to whittle the list down to a few....

Susan Smith said...

Lovely lot of friend photos & good to know that you all still keep in touch. As for next Friday, that S is going to be a doozey, as well as all my names starting with S, I keep thinking of more, so I maybe a little late as I've a procedure on Friday & may be a little out of it late in the day. We'll see. Thanks for hosting & take care.

Carol said...

Fab photos and I agree it’s lovely to be able to keep in touch with friends across the years 😃

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I agree - friends are the best! I have one that I've been friends with since we were three and two others that have been friends for over 30 years. How I miss getting together with them on a weekly basis like we did before Covid, but at least we've had video chats pretty much every week so that helps. Not the same as the real thing though!

Faith... said...

How cool to have friends that have been there for a lifetime! And even better to have always lived near each other. Sorry that you weren't able to give your friend the stitching piece before she died of cancer. Life is to short sometimes.

Jak said...

What lovely pictures of you and your friends. I always admire your stitching pictures and the patience needed to do them. I especially love your Stitching Buds picture. xx