Friday 1 November 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍪

After shopping with Karen today, I headed to her house to stitch, bake, and sleep over!
I'm finally stitching the harvest moon and I've changed to colours to match it... I think. I'm not sure about the colours I chose, but I'm sticking with it for now. Unlike the apple in the upper right corner, I changed that to a different shade of red because I didn't like the way the green looked.


Then it was baking time. We're stitching tomorrow with a new group of ladies I met at the PA retreat and they're only a mile from Karen's house! It's a potluck and I thought I would test out these Chocolate Espresso Chip Cookies, with a little help from Tippy Cow to keep Karen and I going!

Oh my, they are rather strong and very chocolaty. I think this might me a pick-me-up cookie during the afternoon stitching slump.  


And hopefully I'll finish the moon so I can start this guy. I'm making this for my Dad, and maybe even DH and/or the Gmen.


I also spent some time this week baking for Gman1's gf, for her sorority bake sale. Andes' Cookies - yum, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - yum, Orange Creamsicle Cookies - eh too much white chocolate for my liking, and Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes. She said they sold everything they had so that was great to hear!


Next week my plan is to catch up with my blog reading and respond to comments, I can never seem to stay caught up!
How good are you at reading and responding?

13 comments:

Rachel said...

So much yummy chocolate! I hope you had a good time meeting up and stitching with your new friends, and perhaps not eating too many cookies!
Have fun catching up with blog reading! I try to stay on top of things although fall short when it comes to comment replies; I'm about 6 weeks behind at the moment!

Vickie said...

Oh how fun to sleep over at Karen's. :) Love your new ornament choice for the guys! I stay very caught up with blogs. I check them daily and comment too! ;)

Shelly said...

All the baked goods..wow! No wonder it all sold at the sale. Your stitching looks great. I've gotten behind on commenting, sometimes 3, 4 days after a post posted. As for responding, I don't get comments right away because I'm a no comment blogger. I had to do that because I suddenly started getting dozens and dozens of spam email on a daily basis on the email. On necked to my blog. I try to answer questions from a post on the next one. Have a super weekend and get together!

Linda said...

Still love your stitchy piece Astrid. Those cookies look so yummy.

Linda

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Those chocolate cookies do indeed look yummy!!! And Tippy Cow sounds intriguing (don't think we can get it here).

Faith... said...

yummmm can you come bake for me? LOL The two red apples look good, I am looking forward to seeing the finish.

I fall behind on blog reading often (hanging my head in shame) but since everyone eats dinner at different times around here I try to catch up while I eat. I usually respond to comments within a day or two.

diamondc said...

Astrid: I too change colors if they do not look right to me.
Your cookies look so good I can almost smell them.
Have a great weekend.

Catherine

Julie said...

The red apple looks good, I could just eat one of those cookies. Hope you all had a fun time.

Katie said...

Oh all the yumminess in this post. At least I didn't gain any weight from looking. Lovely work on your WIP and love the new piece you are going to stitch.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your red apples and the baking looks delicious!
You'll be able to tell how far behind I am with blog reading this evening! I tend to give priority to the posts that link up for my SALs and Hops. Emails usually get answered at the weekend.

Bethan said...

Wow lots of amazing looking baking! Your chocolate cookies look so scrummy. Hope you had a fantastic day sewing with everyone x

Cathy said...

Such a fun weekend and lots of tasty goodies. So nice of you to help baked for Gman-1's girl friend's event.

FlashinScissors said...

Eeek, I’m catching up reading your blog posts!
A good idea changing the apple to red, perfect, and your cookies look delicious!
You are kind doing all that baking!
Hugs,
Barbara xx