Saturday 30 November 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🛋

Well Thanksgiving threw me for a loop, I forgot yesterday was Friday, although I did stitch! No Jack Ryan last night, just stitching with the kitties while watching Warehouse 13, a series I found on Amazon Prime. Sort of like a version of X-Files.

I'm almost finished with Santa Visits Maryland. I just need to add the white to his hat and make his eyes blue instead of green as suggested. Of course I had my usual helpers.



This is what it looks like when I'm trying to blog, they like to help with that too!


So Thanksgiving, how was yours? We had a quiet one here with Gman1 spending it with his gf C's family - although they did spend the night Wednesday and came back late Thursday night.
Gman2 is still in Austria, here he is celebrating there. He comes home next month and we can't wait!

My chosen sister, Cori, joined us and brought cookies to decorate!

We had plenty of food, making for delicious leftovers! DH wanted a cheesecake and chose chocolate chip cookie dough. It turned out really well and "unfortunately" we have plenty more.

Do you stick to the usual for Thanksgiving, or add some new dishes or desserts to try?

8 comments:

Vickie said...

We pretty much stick to the usual dishes on Thanksgiving. You sure had a nice Thanksgiving. I am glad you are staying in touch with your son in Europe. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I do love your furry helpers! I'd love one of those but unfortunately DH has developed allergies and kitties are not good for him. Hmmm....kitty vs. DH.....(well DH cooks, so I guess that's settled!)

Barb said...

I can imagine how happy you will be for your son to come home. We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. I pretty much cooked the usual. We had our DD and her friend for dinner. It was lovely!

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I hope the cats shared the goodies too?!
I've just finished Jack Ryan S2 and would say it's not the best programme to watch whilst stitching unless you speak Spanish! I had to keep stopping to read the subtitles to understand what was being said! :)

Katie said...

Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving. We have turkey and ham from a local place. Then the extras like olives, pickles, deviled eggs, cheese, and those kind of yummies. Still miserable from all the eating.

Cathy said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! We had two Thanksgiving dinners this year. I cooked our traditional turkey meal on Wednesday so that we could have leftovers and we went out with family on Thanksgiving where I had ham. My cat likes to curl up on my keyboard, too.

Faith... said...

Santa is looking pretty good there and he looks like he is just about finished! Aren't you stitching more than one of them? Sounds like you had a nice and quiet holiday! This year we had cornish hens with squash and mushroom risotto. We have nice quiet holidays too since it is usually just the four of us who live here. Glad to hear that Gman2 will be home for Christmas.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the Santa and a lovely photo of your son.
I am glad that you let "Frosty" indoors to help frost the cookies too!