Friday 8 November 2019

Halloween Exchange at Needlecraft Haven 👻

I know it's November, but here's my belated post on the Halloween Exchange I joined with Needlecraft Haven, such fun! I received my parcel way before Halloween from Clare @Aimetu's Stitching, and it was so hard not to take a peek.


But I waited and look at the goodies I received! I thought there was only one trick being the Christmas card, but she had to give me a hint on the others... I found out the bag had been sewn shut AND the floss (a little hidden on the left side of the photo) had been pre-cut and then I couldn't find the end to unwind the rest - both very sneaky!


This is the ornament Clare made me, aren't they so cheerful?! I love it and I think they're happy in their new home! Thanks so much, Clare, I love it all.


This is what I sent to Deb, just in time for opening day on Halloween.


This is her photo, I had forgotten to take one of everything together before I sent it. The only trick I sent was the Zombie Skittles and when you get one, you know it because it's nasty!


This is the ornament I made for Deb, it's a combination of two freebies from Durene Jones on fb. It wasn't supposed to be that way, but I goofed and then went with it. I used glow in the dark floss for Boo, but it never seems to glow for very long. I even found "matching" fabric for the back.
I also included a Halloween scissor fob I made.


And now I need to think about the Christmas exchange, what to stitch, what to stitch? 🎄

9 comments:

Christine said...

What wonderful exchange packages!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun! What you said about the skittles reminded me - have you ever tasted 'Thrills' gum? Talk about nasty stuff!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Haha glad you found the tricks - the pumpkins look very much at home

Barb said...

I would say you did very well both on the sending and receiving end. For me, it is never too late or too early to share Halloween stitching!

Cathy said...

I love both the ornaments you received and sent. I'm not much of a Halloween stitcher, but I'm getting there fast.

Katie said...

Fantastic exchange!

Julie said...

A lovely exchange, you all sent such wonderful things for this holiday season.

Rachel said...

What fun exchanges; I especially love the backing fabric on the Boo ornie! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These exchanges are great fun. I'm enjoying all the little tricks too.