Friday 11 February 2022

A Super Stitch-in Event!

I was so thankful to be able to attend another retreat last weekend, this time it was the Super Bowl Super Stitch-In hosted by Linda and Annette @LinAnn Events.

Along the way, I was close enough to stop by Needleworker's Delight and Silkweaver Fabrics for the very first time... and certainly not the last!


I honestly could have spend hours in there, but wanted to get to the hotel before it got too late.


So many nooks and crannies to explore, I know I didn't see it all.


So. Many. Threads!


Mermaids, Halloween, and Christmas, a dream come true!


I really restrained myself, but I did find these treasures I couldn't resist.


Luckily it was only about an hour away from the hotel, although I did have to drive in nasty weather with rain and fog. I finally arrived and was thrilled to see some of my NY stitching friends!
Our agenda for the weekend.


Our goodie bag, but this photo also includes the needle minder I received in the exchange, and the pattern I bid on during the auction. I had seen the Turn, Turn, Turn before and thought it was so cool. I just need to stitch it and figure out how to make it turn!


I was so happy that BFF Pouches and Bags were there, Peggy and Roberta have so many fun patterns to choose from! They have a group on fb, but it's private so request to join if you're interested. 


Imagine, I found more things from them that I couldn't resist - Mermaids, kitties, and an unexpected surprise, Doctor Who! I also found out the dragon pouch I received in an exchange years ago was made by them too, awesome.


It's always fun to see Annette's needle minders from Mind Your Needle. Her group is also a private on fb if you're interested, or she's on Instagram. She has just about anything you can think of, I love way too many of them!


And what's a retreat without the giveaway table? Imagine, I found more goodies there.


If you're on any of the fb groups for stitching, you might have seen Timothy, your friendly Stitching Steward! He has designed and stitched some amazing pieces and has a new website to sell his creations.


This is one he brought and shared with our group, so bright and colourful! You can find him @Stitching Steward to see more. I think it's a fairly new website and he will be adding to it. He also just started a fb group, Friends of Stitching Steward, maybe I'll see you there?!


Now THIS was a fun table! Sadly, my NY friend Karen couldn't make it, the weather on Saturday was really bad and it was too dangerous to come. There were others that couldn't come because of that too.
We tried to go out to dinner on Saturday night, but my car was thick with ice and I almost couldn't open it. The other car we were supposed to take was frozen shut, crazy weather!
I'm going to try and make a long story short, so hang in there... Come to find out that one of the ladies, Teresa, has a sister who worked for the Capitol Police and knows my friend Nina's husband, who also used to work there. Then we figured out we went to the same high school, not at the same time, but Nina and I graduated with her younger sister! Small world.


Here's another group on fb, One Nation Stitchers, led by Debbie. Hers is the one on blue and I'm holding mine. I think she's doing hers on 28 and mine is 32. The others either didn't bring theirs or it's waiting for them at home!


Our original auctioneer, Brian, was "sick" so "Justine" stepping in for him! 


Her musical introduction was spot on, what a hit! This is just a mini clip, I didn't get the whole thing.


Annette and Justine


And the fun didn't end there, the pajama and slipper contest was on!


I won the slipper part with zombies and our youngest attendee won the pj part as a unicorn, such fun!


In spite of not having everyone there, it was a fantastic weekend and I'm already looking forward to future events!


The hotel we stayed in was our first time there and I'm pretty sure it will be the last. So many mishaps and the restaurant attached has much to be desired. The employees were great, but the facility itself was a little run down and worn out. But it didn't deter from our event, that was top notch per usual!
Thanks to Debbie for sharing her photos with me, I didn't take as many as I should have.

11 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super fun time, you can feel everyone's happiness. I'm very envious of the LNS stores you have, so many lovely things.

Vickie said...

Needleworker's Delight is awesome! wOw! And Turn, Turn, Turn intrigues me too!

diamondc said...

Astrid: It looks like you had a fantastic time, it's always fun to get together with likeminded people who love to stitch.
Thank-you for sharing a fun time with us.

Catherine

Cathy said...

What a fun time! And a nice detour. I love your purchases, especially the wooden stocking.

Carol said...

Sounds fabulous. How lovely to meet up with such a fab group of like minded people 😃

Mary said...

Glad to see you got to make it to Needleworkers Delight, The choice of linen is amazing and Kevin and Jim are so nice. Looks like the retreat was a blast, too bad the accommodations were less than desirable.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I simply can't imagine that weekend. I was having a difficult time even imagining the joy of being let lose in that amazing needlework shop (although I know I would be overwhelmed and probably not buy a single thing) but then adding on a stitching weekend with like-minded people must have been such a delight. Not that I'm the least bit envious....

Stasi said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic fun time. Amazing photos of Needleworker´s Delight, a place to get lost in.

Faith... said...

Looks like an awesome weekend Astrid despite the icy weather! I don't know if I could have made it past the LNS!! That store looked like it was loaded. It is always fun to stitch with a friend (or 50)!

Katie said...

How fun. I miss retreats but traveling just isn't as easy now. Sounds like a great time. Love all your new projects.