Saturday 29 January 2022

Still feeling a little Christmassy ❄


I finally started stitching the Christmas 2021 SAL from Stitchonomy, just a little behind.
I had to hit The Stitching Post last week to get some more floss for my tree, not quite enough to make it! 


I decided to try and use the colours from my bag of leftover floss. So far, so good, but I'm just starting.


We had a little bit of snow last night/early this morning, enough to make it look pretty again. We were on the very edge of the storm and missed all the good stuff!


I know I'm way behind on thanking those who have left comments from last year, so I'm going to say a big  THANK YOU all so much for doing so! I think I'm up to date for this month, no excuses for it not to continue. Then back to blog reading!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

At the moment your stitched tree looks as bare as the trees in your photo! Looking forward to seeing your tree being dressed as the year progresses. :)

diamondc said...

Astrid: I like the design you are working on; I too use up leftover threads, it's a waste to just throw them.
Nice snow photo.
A thank-you here on your blog is good enough for me.

Catherine

Vickie said...

This is a sweet design. I try to keep my threads organized! ;)

Cathy said...

What a good idea to use up leftover threads when the designs are so small. I love your snow photo. The way the light shines through makes it beautiful.

Barb said...

Have fun decorating the tree with all those left over threads!!

Katie said...

Great new start. Love the snow. We have a yard full right now with more coming I hope.

Sheryl said...

This design looks interesting. I too try to use up little scraps of left over thread for tiny details.

Faith... said...

Good start on your Christmas tree! I am waayyyy behind on that but luckily the ornaments are small!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

As usual, I saved all the charts but haven't started them! I had a wonderful idea to make one using perforated paper but that would involve buying some perforated paper so it's on the back burner for now.

Great idea to use scraps and oddments for the ornaments too.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Although I am currently stitching something Christmas themed I am not feeling in the least bit Christmassy. Perhaps a nice mince pie making session and watching the Muppet's Christmas Carol would help..and if it snows here I might give that a go.
There is a delight in using "left over threads" I hope it works out for you with this pattern.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post