Monday 6 December 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt - Ornament/Menorah 📷🕎

Welcome to the first word of the Scavenger Photo Hunt for December. As always, anyone can join in with whatever inspires you and I can always add it after the sign up is closed. 


Ornament
We do have quite an assortment of ornaments, from ones DH made when he was a child, to our own boys creations. They each have a container that has all of their own ornaments to place on the tree and then take with them when they move out.
Here are just a few since our tree isn't up yet and they're still packed away.
I'm pretty sure this is the first cross stitch ornament I ever made. It came in a kit of these snowmen and Santas. I gave this one to my parents and somehow it made it back to my house! I'm pretty sure I still have the kit/pattern somewhere.


I made this cute little guy for an exchange. I think I might need to make one for myself one of these days.


This one is a reminder of last year, but do we really need it?! No matter, Cori likes him!



Menorah
On Friday night, DH and I joined our friends and went to Ellicott City's Midnight Madness.
I saw these menorahs and thought they were perfect to add here.


This was in the antique store I love to shop in.


There were even fun menorah socks!


See you Friday with mugs, what do you like to put in yours? 

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I had the grand plan when our boys were small to collect an ornament for each of them every year in hopes they would take them when they moved out. Nope. They didn't want any of them...zero interest. The thrift store was happy to take them.
My mug is usually filled with coffee, but sometimes either flavoured or oolong tea.

Threads through my life said...

Love the socks! The antique menorahs are lovely too. Years ago I nearly bought a wooden one but never did. I can't recall why I did not buy one. Perhaps I might remedy this.

Vickie said...

Jacob has taken his ornament bin with him, now he and his wife have ornaments for their tree. He has asked me to make an ornament for them each year not one for each. Even easier! ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the ornaments you've shared. I've not really made that many and none for my children at all! I have been sent some nice ones by other stitchers though.

diamondc said...

Astrid: I love Menorah's I am Catholic but love the beauty and what the Menorah
stands for.
Oh my gosh HOTSOX what a hoot of a name.
Your ornaments are adorable, I can still remember the first item I stitched way back in the early seventies.


Merry Christmas
Catherine

Susan Smith said...

Lovely cross stitch tree decs and those Menorah's are beautiful. Next weeks is posing a problem for me to come up with something outside the box............Take care & hugs.

Jak said...

Sorry this is a late comment. I love your stitched ornaments, especially the first one of the Christmas stocking. We are about to put up our tree as we drive to town I see so many people have put theirs up already. I think we all need some cheer this year. That antique menorah is beautiful.x 🌲😃