Friday 1 January 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt, Last one for December 📷

Here's the last Friday photo fun for December, from Katie @I live, I love, I craft, I am me... and this week's word is... 


My own choice...

One of my favourite places to spend some time walking and/or shopping, is Historic Ellicott City. It's changed quite a bit since 2016 and 2018, when it had devastating floods rage through the town.
But earlier in the week, DH and I took Chewie for a walk along the Trolley Trail and did some window/miniature train spotting! 






Normally, all of these displays are shown at the Fire Dept in Ellicott City as a Train Garden, but due to darn Covid, it was moved to various windows in the shops on Main Street. It certainly made for a fun walk though!







Along the Trolley Trail, I spotted this piece of wood that totally looked like a dragon to me. Can you see it?


Does this help you see it?!
How to draw a dragon head


Be sure to take a look and see what others have chosen.
January will also be done weekly, will you be joining in?

13 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I always enjoy the scavenger hunt posts you show us (and, yes I saw the dragon!). The miniature village was great fun to see because I've always been fascinated by miniatures. Wish I had room for a collection! Happy New Year!!!

Tigermouse said...

I agree, the tree does look like a dragon. The miniature window displays are great, I like anything like that so would love to see them all together as a proper miniature village. In 2019 there was a miniature village displayed at a garden centre I went to, it was fascinating watching all the moving models but this time they are displayed separately on different shelves and don't look as effective.

Linda said...

I so love miniatures. Great pictures. That does look like a dragon.

Happy New Year Astrid
Linda

Threads through my life said...

Yes I could see the dragon too. Your walk looked very interesting and it is good to see people adapting to the current situation rather than giving up. Take care and see you next week!

Vickie said...

I saw the dragon's head right away without help. ;)

diamondc said...

Astrid: What a lovely stroll, thank-you for sharing with us, we really need an uplift in these times, I hate the covid it has not been easy for many of my family and friends.
I do see the dragon even before the last photo, I had to giggle because it reminded me of a very large walking stick.

Happy New Year
Catherine

Bethan said...

I could totally see the dragon too! What a nice walk - and a nice way to adapt a display. Happy New Year to you and your family

Carol said...

I can definitely see the dragon too. Looks like a lovely walk nd the best kind of window shopping 😃

Jackie McGuinness said...

Frist time here.
I definitely see the dragon! I love that they put the village in the shop windows.

Julie said...

That tree certainly does look like a dragon.

Cathy said...

I saw the dragon, too. I love miniatures and train layouts so thank you for sharing. I would love to be able to see it in person someday.

Katie said...

Great photos. Yep I saw the dragon right away. Too cool.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love a miniature village, there's a good one not far from us. With beautiful landscaped gardens of miniature plants. And a railway line too!
The dragon is amazing, great photo!