Friday 22 January 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt - January 🌚

 Welcome to the 3rd Friday of the January Scavenger Photo Hunt from Katie @I live, I love, I craft, I am me.... This week, the word is...


Moon...

The moon is described as the natural satellite of the earth, visible (chiefly at night) by reflected light from the sun.

Ah, the moon, one of my favourite things to look at and take photos of. There was no way I could pick just one, so get ready for the parade.

This was taken at Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland, at a friend's summer party. This bear looks like he's having fun!


Taken at our house in the front yard.


January 2019, the Super Blood Wolf Moon, taken at home.


This was two years ago during a December getaway in Pennsylvania.


I have no idea when this was taken, probably at home.


The Wolf Moon, January 2017.


That speck is the moon at Deep Creek again, this time at the family house.


This was taken in Dubai when I was lucky enough to go with my DH for a work event in 2015, we considered it our 20th anniversary celebration.


This was taken at a house we rented at Topsail Beach in North Carolina. The house was named Moondance, how appropriate!


I have no idea where this was taken, maybe our house?


Our Halloween ghost peeking out of Nathan's window, he loves the moon too!


Another one at Deep Creek Lake.


The National Christmas Tree in DC in 2010, with the moon in the background.


I went to see the New Orleans Saints beat the Baltimore Ravens in 2018, it was a beautiful night for the moon to be out. This was taken as it was next to the scoreboard.


As for stitching, here's a variety of moons for you.


My last parting moon photo was taken last night, the full moon isn't until next Thursday.


I hope you're not tired of the moon yet, there's still more to see!
Please go take a look at the others, I'm looking forward to seeing where else the moon has been.

17 comments:

Mad Englishwoman said...

Wonderful moon pictures. Do you have a super-camera??

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful photos and stitching, the moon is quite magical isn't it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another great series of photos! I think my favourite though has to be the bear - it looks as though he's playing with the moon.

Jak said...

What wonderful pictures. After my 'wow' reaction to the bear playing with the moon, I had the same reaction to the second, then the third, and felt the same about all of them. My favourite is the bear, or I think it is, maybe its the next one. Give up. I love them all!

Ella said...

All wonderful photos but I think my favourite is the second one.

Threads through my life said...

What a fab set of photos. Each one was wonderful. So hard to choose a favourite but possibly the bear one.

Mary said...

Great photos of the moon...YOu have made great progress on your Halloween house. Love the last stitch, was that finished by Jill Rensel? It's gorgeous!

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures Astrid.

Linda

Tigermouse said...

All great shots, I like the bear playing with the moon but I think my favourite is the third one :-)

Carol said...

These are fabulous ... I too am struggling to pick a favourite 😃

kjsutcliffe said...

Woah What a collection! I am seriously impressed! I like the way you take pictures of the moon faded behind something else - I shall have to give that a try :D

Cathy said...

I love these moon pictures, each so different, but still of the same thing.

diamondc said...

Astrid: Nice display of moon photos.
Fun photos of moons on Halloween designs.

Catherine

Susan Smith said...

Wow, some lovely photos there and although hard to pick a favourite, I do like the second one. Thanks for joining in, take care and stay safe.

Katie said...

Wow gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

Bethan said...

Oh wow - you have managed to get some amazing photos of the moon! x

Faith... said...

So many beautiful photos of the moon! To me; the moon is beautiful. I do love the bear swatting the moon away, maybe to another bear?