Friday 15 January 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt - January 🆕🧁

Welcome to the 2nd Friday of the January Scavenger Photo Hunt from Katie @I live, I love, I craft, I am me.... This week, the word is...

New...

A gift is defined as not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

This is a thread organizer and cutter that I asked for at Christmas, which DH got for me. As you can see, it's also a needle holder (on the upper left.)
Also included are two NEW kits.


It makes it so much easier to find the right colour when stitching, especially the Mill Hill kits which can have lots of floss and very similar colours. I organized them according the the colour list on the chart and didn't need to label them.


It was a big help when I started stitching this one on the 1st.


If you remember last month's word, gift, my dear Cori gifted us cupcakes for the new year. Well, she beat me to it this week and gave us these three NEW cupcake flavours to try.
Upper left is Java Jolt, upper right Brownie Sundae, and the middle is Strawberry Crumb. DH had the java, Nathan the brownie, and I had the strawberry. We all shared and I'm glad I had the strawberry! But maybe more than a bite of the others could have changed my mind?


Make sure and see the other posts for NEW this week.
Next week's word is Moon, I'm so ready for that one!
  

14 comments:

Susan Smith said...

The thread keeper is lovely & most of my embroidery threads are on the plastic/card holders & in a set of drawers as I haven't bought a kit in years. The cupcakes look yummy & I'd probably like the choccy one best. Take care & stay safe.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great thread keeper, neat to have a needle holder combined. I should have looked for mine when I did the Mill Hill kit as there were lots of threads. Those cupcakes look yummy

Threads through my life said...

It's good to see a gift in use; often they don't get used.... as for the cupcakes, they are so beautiful, almost too good to eat. I'd probably select the coffee one but I would like to sample them all!

Carol said...

Your thread keeper will be very handy, I must admit I tend to get a bit of old cardboard and punch holes in it. Cup cakes look scrummy too ... I think I might be inspired to do some baking today 😃

Mary said...

I could stitch Autumnal colors all year long, sweet stitch, but those sweet cupcakes look amazing!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yay! I'm glad you're playing along with the scavenger hunt again this year because I really enjoy seeing what you come up with. Must say that your DH gifted you well with that thread organizer - just a tad jealous over that one!

diamondc said...

Astrid: Your thread gift is wonderful, I have never seen this type before and having a thread cutter with it is a great idea.
I like the Mill Hill bead kits, they make such sweet ornaments.
Oh my the cupcakes look so yummy.

Catherine

kjsutcliffe said...

That thread holder is a brilliant idea, they get so tangled once you start pulling a piece out to work with - not seen one like that, but I do have a couple of knitting needle gauge tools, I might use one of them next time I am using embroidery floss!

Vickie said...

What a nifty gift! I love the cupcake tradition. :)

Bethan said...

The thread keeper seems very handy, and the cupcakes sound very yummy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I used to make thread holders out of cornflakes packets! Now I tend to use the old covers of book proofs as we have to remove them to prevent distribution.
The cupcakes look delicious too.

Katie said...

Great NEW post from you.

Jak said...

Love the thread holder. Useful presents are always so well received. Those cup cakes do look delicious. Yum.

Linda said...

Those cupcakes look yummy Astrid. Great thread holder.

Linda