Friday 28 August 2020

Scavenger Photo Hunt, August 📷

Oh my, this has certainly been a wet month. But for the moment, the rain has stopped and the sun is shining once again.
It's almost the end of the month and that means it's time for Katie and her I live, I love, I craft, I am me ... scavenger photo hunt.

The words for August are...

Moving...
Ah, moving into my craft room in our new house, although it's been almost six years now. It's also where I do a lot of making!



Boxes...
Now if you have a cat and a box, you're going to have a cat in a box!
Here's Maximus saying don't forget me when we moved.

And here he is helping pack up Ming!

One more, Monster Max in a box.



Starts with a D...
Demolition.
This was our old house being taken down to build our new one. The chimney was the last to go, it kept us warm for many years.



Breakfast...
The breakfast of champions! This is Spike and Scotch, they made Nathan breakfast one morning in December. For some reason, he wasn't very hungry. We know Buddy the Elf would have loved it.



Making...
And here's Nathan when he was little, helping me make Welsh cakes for St. David's Day.




These are some of the masks I made for DH. Now I need to make some for the boys to wear at school.



My own choice...
"Are you sure I'm not allowed in the kitchen?"



And there you have August, please go take a look and see what others have posted for this month!

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice photos. I loved the chance to look into your life and learn more about you.

Susan Smith said...

Great photos & I love old freestanding chimneys in paddocks & wonder about the stories they could tell. Long ago we had 2 cats that thought all boxes belonged to them too. Seems most crafty people have been making masks here too. One of mine has Union Jacks on it.(lol) thanks for sharing, take care, stay safe & hugs from down under.

Barb said...

Did seeing the chimney make you sad? I think it would have done that to me. This post has lots of cute pictures!!!

Tigermouse said...

All great photos, the one of Maximus packing up Ming made me smile but my favourite just has to be the last one - the look on the dog's face is priceless! :)

kjsutcliffe said...

Cats and boxes! Brilliant - especially Max boxing up Ming :) thank you for joining in x

Jak said...

Lovely set of photographs as usual. Being a cat-less cat lover I always adore looking at Maximus and Ming and their antics. Yes, cats and boxes, always irresistible to them. Love the way Maximus has Monster on his cardboard box. Well chosen by him. But the look in your dog's eyes is so appealing, how could you resist that look?

Threads through my life said...

Great cat photos. Your craft room looks huge, lucky you. Building your own house sounds great but I don't fancy all the hassle!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are so much fun, especially the cats and the boxes! And adorable little Nathan in his baking apron. So cute.

Mad Englishwoman said...

Love the dog picture and your craft room. A whole room to yourself!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun! It's always interesting to see what the topics might be and how you interpret them. I love Monster Max - looks like he's definitely giving off evil vibes!

Evi said...

Thats a lovely batch of photos! Dont you just love kids in the kitchen? The little ones are always so excited especially when baking biscuits - a rolling pin and icing just completes their joy!!

Sheryl said...

Great photos as always, love the one of Nathan baking

Clicky Needles said...

Oh that little face under the gate, I would be letting it in! Seeing your house demolished even if rebuilding must have been hard. Lovely pics of family life. CN x