Saturday 8 August 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🏡

Just a little behind in posting, I'll "blame" my Dad... and the new darn blogger!
On Wednesday I headed to my parents to help out because my Dad was having carpel tunnel surgery and wouldn't be able to take care of my Mom. To make a long story short, his appointment was for a consult and not surgery like he thought! He was not a happy camper and now it's been rescheduled for later in the month, although he's going to try something to possibly avoid surgery.
After that fiasco, I was going to leave on Friday but they asked if I could stay until Saturday because they missed me. Awe, how could I say no?
So Friday evening after Mom was in bed, I headed to the Gartenhaus to stitch. With the fan on and the windows open, it was nice and cool. 


My setup, complete with my ipad and sipping on my Dad's chosen beer, he wanted a lime one.



Dad came in later to visit me and, surprise, take some photos!


Here's the Gartenhaus as he was coming outside.


So I changed things up a bit and decided to stitch Thanksgiving. Will it be finished in time for this year? Who knows?!


With the cooler weather that's been here the last couple of days, I'm definitely in the fall mood, it's my favourite season. How about you, what season do you like the best?

10 comments:

Linda said...

Such a lovely place to stitch Astrid. Love your new start.

Linda

Cathy said...

Nice stitching ground this week and your new start is very appropriate for fall stitching. My favorite season is winter, because it can get cold and rainy. Of course, since I live in southern California, winter is a lot different here than where you are. I also like spring because of all the flowers.

Vickie said...

What a lovely setting you have there. How nice to be with your parents. You have a nice new project.

Barb said...

What a lovely place to set and stitch. I have had carpel tunnel in both of my hands. It was an easy surgery. I think the worst part was the inconvenience of having my hand bandaged for awhile. I hope he will do well. I had no pain at all.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My favourite season is anything but winter. What a lovely spot to be able to sit and stitch....I would be hard pressed to leave. Hopefully your Dad can avoid surgery.

RJ said...

Astrid that is such a lovely and relaxing place to stitch. I would love it there. I'm sure your parents were so happy to have you and I can see why they asked you to stay longer. RJ

Katie said...

I love fall but I also love Spring. The baby animals. The freshness of everything. Fall is fantastic though. I'm ready for those cool nights to stick around. We had nasty heat again over the weekend and today. I'm glad they admitted to missing you. How sweet. That makes you feel special. Love the photos he took.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely stitching spot, I have been enjoying outside stitching this year for a change. Not right now, it's been ridiculously hot for England. No sign of Autumn, which is my favourite season.

Faith... said...

I just love your parent's Gartenhaus. It is so charming and looks like a comfortable spot to relax; tell them I am jealous of their space. The Thanksgiving chart is cute! Hope we see more of it on Friday!

Faith... said...

Forgot to say I hope your Dad doesn't have to have the surgery but either way I'll keep him in my thoughts!