Saturday 1 August 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍺

My normal stitching spot, just a different view for you!


Next to me is my ORT mug, with a sweet little dragon peeking out.


Before and after about 130 French knots were added. 


And finally, I finished all the backstitching and have now moved on to the outer border! This is still going to take me awhile, but it's all good.


Yesterday DH had two beer deliveries and today he had one more. His excuse? New beer releases he just couldn't miss! He did get me a couple of sours, the one on the right is a strawberry/banana and it was very refreshing. The one on the left was his that I tried and I surprised myself by liking it! Something about adding it to a whiskey barrel made it quite tasty. I even asked him to save me one to have at another time.


Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by trying something new and finding that you actually liked it?

10 comments:

Mary said...

I think I'm one of the few that enjoy stitching french knots!! 130 is alot but that certainly add texture to the stitch.
I love trying any kind of new food, I'm not a picky eater. I enjoy a good beer too! I need to try some of the single cans you can purchase, I bought a 6 pack of a new beer, one sip and threw the rest out!!
Nice photo of you in your stitching spot!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lovely to see you in your stitching surroundings (I noticed the can of 'beverage' at the ready....fortification for your stitching adventures!). I think your garden cross stitch project has to be one of my favourites.

Cathy said...

It's nice to see you and your stitching area from the front, but where are the animals? When I was younger, I wouldn't eat bagels, but I don't know why; I finally tried them and liked them too much!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitched piece you are working on - I love doing French knots but 130 certainly takes patience, along with the back stitching.

Barb said...

Wow, that is a lot of French knots! I'm impressed. A local brewery has a new beer I am anxious to try. It is a blackberry something! It sounded good when I read the description.

Katie said...

Love your ORT mug of course. Wow. Thanks for taking a before and after photo. How beautiful. Definitely well done. I love to try new drinks. The strawberry banana one sounds delicious.

RJ said...

Astrid, that is alot of French knots but they do make a statement and look wonderful. I'm a fussy eater so sometimes it is hard for me to try new things to eat but it would be easier for me to try a new drink. So happy to be back with all of my blogging friends again...missed you all. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Faith... said...

That is A LOT of french knots! I can't do them so I usually will use beads or skip them in the beads don't work. Nice stitchy corner but isn't Maximus missing? Seems like he usually stitches with you. Banana and Strawberry sound good together.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have wiped the memory of all those French Knots LOL
I hope that there was a cat or two somewhere around your stitching spot!
I generally have a good idea as to whether I will like something or not so I'm not usually disappointed when I do try something new.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. Love it so much.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com