Thursday 26 September 2019

The People Chose 🐝


Here's to the perfect end of the summer with Jo @ Serendipitous Stitchingand this time we're celebrating BEES🐝!


An oldie, but a goodie - Cottage Garden Sampling, My Garden Journal. I just wished I had stitched it smaller.


And here's this little cutie from The Snowflower Diaries, Joyful World. The series is still out there as a freebie if you're interested.



I made this for my Momma, it came from Hobby Lobby.


After the last one, I got stung by the bee and got this one to stitch from Little House Needleworks.


Then I saw this one from Hinzeit and had to get it! I changed the banner colour, I thought the original was too bland for my liking.


And thanks to Jo stitching this one, Gathering Honey, I started it but have yet to finish. I haven't made it to be bees yet, but the hive is there, they must still be inside!


This is another one I still need to finish, Celebrate Summer by The Sweetheart Tree.


Here's one I have, but haven't started yet.


These are Nora Corbett's Miss Honey Bee and Miss Queen Bee, they were model stitched by Melanie the WIP Slayer. Aren't they gorgeous?! I can't decide which one I'd rather stitch... or maybe both? I'm thinking of using the honeycomb fabric when I do.


Finally, some words to remember...




So buzz on over to see Jo and the other blogs if you haven't already.
Next month - cats! Although I know I have more cat photos than stitched pieces.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Well, as you know, thanks to you, I will be stitching that beautiful Cottage Garden Sampling, My Garden Journal pattern! I stitched the Joyful World one. You made so much progress on Gathering Honey Astrid! It looks great!

Meg said...

BEEautiful! 😊🌼🐝

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun! I love the 'Gathering Honey' sampler - the bees must be hibernating?

Linda said...

Oh wow Astrid. All lovely projects and finishes and progress.

Linda

Cathy said...

So many lovely bee stitches!

Barb said...

You have several really cute bee projects!

diamondc said...

Astrid: I love anything bee's, these are wonderful designs, I especially love the Nora Corbett designs.

Catherine

Rachel said...

At least getting stung by the stitching bee is better than being stung by a real one!
You have some lovely projects finished and on the go. I wouldn't be surprised if we see both Nora Corbett designs appear on your blog at some future point... why choose between them when you could stitch both! :)

Faith... said...

That is certainly a lot of bees! I do like these bees better than the ones that can sting you though! You have stitched many things with bees in them and I am not sure I have stitched one thing! Love the Bee words to remember.

Katie said...

Fantastic bee filled post. I love the blackwork one from the magazine. Beautiful. Lovely stitching and future finished pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I think you have stitched the most designs out of all the participants this time. I love that Cottage Garden Samplings design too. All twelve were on my wish list because I do love a monthly series!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Astrid!
I’m trying to catch up with some blog reading today!!
Love all your bees, you have so many and they’re all beautiful!
Hugs,
Barbara xx