Friday 20 September 2019

More Happy Mail 🎃 and a little hodgepodge

Another treat! I won this fabulous chart from Meg @ Live to StitchPlease take a look at her blog to see her awesome finish! It's at the framers now and she should have it back in October, lucky her!


And such a pretty card too. 
I'm going to wait until January to start, maybe I can get it done in record time like she did! Does anyone else have this pattern and not started it yet? SAL maybe?



Here's the hodgepodge...

I found this fabulous piece on marketplace this summer after I saw one that Karen had bought at a yard sale.
Can you believe she only wanted $12 for it?! I gave her $15 because I felt guilty for paying next to nothing for it.


The only problem was one of the wood pieces on the back was broken, but a friend who does woodworking fixed it for me. I love it, but still have to decide what treasures I want to put in there!


"You can do anything, but you can't do everything."
Written by Shirley in Maryland - cool!


I've got a box started to bring to one of the retreats I'm going to next month. These were the leftover magazines and patterns from the church picnic this summer. I also started cleaning up in my craft room and added a few more things.


How cool is this? I saw this in a shop and it's really cross stitched! They had other patterns, but I liked this one the best.



13 comments:

Vickie said...

You got quite the deal on your sewing box! I am glad your friend was able to fix it. I have a similar one and love it. Your cardboard box looks quite full.

Katie said...

I've always loved that pattern but I keep making myself not buy it haha. I think it would look neat as little individual pillows on display on my shelf unit. I've seen those wooden pieces go for a lot lot more than that so great find! I love the messages on Dove chocolate....plus the yummy chocolate of course. Hope you find some goodies to come home with from your retreat. Love those freebie tables. Never know what you might find. The cross stitch is cute. Love the crab.

Linda said...

Fun post Astrid. I so want the Halloween chart. If I can get it before the start of they year I would love to stitch with you.

Linda

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can't tell you how often I've kicked myself for turning down the offer of one of those sewing boxes - how I wish I hadn't been so stupid! That Halloween chart looks like a fun stitch project. I'll look forward to watching your progress!

diamondc said...

Astrid: What a great pattern, the card is beautiful.
I totally love the sewing box, it is fabulous.
Have fun at retreat.

Catherine

Barb said...

That sewing box is wonderful so glad you could get it fixed. I do have that chart and yes it just sits in my to do pile. A sew-a-long would be fun. At least I might get it going. I thought the middle would make a wonderful design all by itself. I love those witches.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have the fabric for Halloween at HRH but not the chart LOL. It's on my Planned list for when I finish Discworld. If you're still going then we can SAL then.
Love that sewing basket. I would keep ribbons and trim in it. A different colour family in each section so it would look pretty when you open it up.

Terri said...

Great buy on the sewing box! I have one exactly like it that I use to house my fire polish beads!

Cindy said...

I have Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow started. Haven't done much on it but love it. I also have a sewing box like yours. It belonged to my MIL. Still has a lot of her things in it.

Faith... said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I LOVE your sewing box and what a bargain you got it for! Hope you fill it with lots of good stitchy stuff!

Bethan said...

What a fun pattern! I look forward to seeing you make it. Your sewing box is great - such a bargain x

Meg said...

So happy the pattern made it to you safely, Astrid. It is a fun stitch and I think you will really enjoy it. And what a great find, the treasure box, for only $12 or $15! I love the quote on the Dove chocolate, too. Very true!

Cathy said...

My mom had a sewing box like that and I'd forgotten all about it until I saw your picture. I wonder whatever happened to it! BTW Halloween is my favorite HRH chart although I have no plans to stitch any of them.