Friday 6 September 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🐈

Although I did some stitching earler this afternoon, these were from this evening.
Some more progress on Autumn Things, with Ming keeping me company.


And here's Maximus pouting because Ming took "his" spot!


My drinking treat tonight, delicious Harvest Haze cider. And I'm loving my bottle koozie!


Last week before school started for Nathan, we finally celebrated Karen's birthday... from April! Her Dad came too, can you tell which one is his? Hint - he's a retired firefighter!
It's so hard to imagine what it will look like after it's fired since the colours all seem so dull.


I picked them up today and look at them now, they popped!


Here's Nathan mug, made in honour of Ming, and my Sugar Skull bowl.


This was also from this afternoon, they stole my seat after I got up from stitching. They always take the good spot!
Nathan wants to make a mug with Max on it next time.


Does anyone else enjoy doing pottery?
I'm no artist, but still enjoy painting as long as it's not freehand! This month has a Harry Potter theme and we might just have to join in.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Your project is looking great. I take it the accompanying fleece is no coincidence. Yes, Nathan must do a Maximus mug; you surely can't have one without the other! :)

Vickie said...

I just love the Ming mug. I look forward to seeing the Max mug. We have a pottery shop directly across the street from us here in the village. It is busy all year round!

Linda said...

Love all of your pottery pieces Astrid.

Linda

Barb said...

You and Nathan are quite the artists!

Mary said...

Love the photo of your bookmark cats!!! My cat cuddles next to me when I'm in my stitching chair too. I love the company. I have never attempted pottery, what a difference in color after they are fired!! Love your fall stitch!!

Katie said...

Love that pattern. Every time you post it I get more interested. You know me and seasonal pieces. Oh I love your bottle koozie too! Love the pottery. Love how much better they turn out after firing. We did it once but have never been back. Would be something fun to do again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was wondering where the Max mug was! I have done this as an activity when my older son was little, we made a plate for my parents with his hand print on the back!
I think the painting technique is quite similar to my rock painting.

Faith... said...

Your Autumn Things piece is coming along great. I love painting pottery and we have a shop not to far from here. The only problem is it is a tiny shop and always so crowded. Nathan did a great job on Ming and I am sure Max is waiting his turn!