Friday 13 September 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground šŸµ

Wow, what a beautiful day to be outside!
Yesterday was a sticky 97°, disgusting! But today, a nice and cool 70°, absolutely gorgeous.
My day started out by visiting with my gf and her adorable baby this morning, then I met Gman1 and his gf, C, at the movies to watch IT Chapter 2. Not as good as the 1st one in my opinion, but I still liked it.


My next adventure was taking Nathan to a book sale after school at a nearby church, and I saw this book. Too bad it didn't come with the pattern!


Although they didn't have very many stitching books or magazines, I did see this one that I thought had a couple of cute patterns.


Then it was finally stitching time in the enclosed porch, with pumpkin tea and pumpkin cookies, delicious!
I've been stitching every day on this, but sometimes it's not very long. I'm loving it though!


I know I've asked before about what you like to drink while stitching, but how about what snack you like to have? It depends on my mood... today it was cookies!

12 comments:

Vickie said...

The pattern book looks good that you got! I do not snack while stitching, except occasionally gummi bears!

Mary said...

I hope you bought the cross stitch book!!! I see 2 there that I would have to stitch!! I love your fall stitch!! I try to drink nothing when I'm stitching, I had 2 spill accidents already!!

Meg said...

Fun day! “An elderly lady is up to no good.” Haha! That’s a great title for a blog.

The stitch toward the bottom of the purse book with the two little black birds on the heart is sweet. Love the Autumn Things chart. I’ve never seen that one before. Looks fun!

Barb said...

I love the Fall design you are working on. OK every night about 9 my DH wants a snack. I found this totally yummy low calorie popcorn and I often have that. It depends on how much I am into my stitching because after popcorn, washing hands is a must if I want to keep on stitching!!

doodles n daydreams said...

If by some chance I am doing any type of craft I drink coffee or tea but usually stop what I'm doing so things don't get dirty. I'm not really a crafter though apart from the occasional thing. I do admire what you artistic people can make though, I see some lovely articles on blog posts. Keep it up :)
Diana

Katie said...

It has been nasty hot here too but not 97. Just high 80's. I'm excited for the cool fall temps instead. We are really wanting to go see It. Too bad to hear you didn't think it was as good as the first one. I love your Autumn piece. I love all seasonal stitching though it seems haha. I tend to stitch with a Diet Pepsi nearby. I like chocolate haha. Which is bad to have near our stitching. So I eat it fast and get back to it haha.

Stephanie said...

I love what you are working on! I love sipping hot tea and shortbread cookies while stitching :)

Tiffstitch said...

Yikes, glad it's cooled off. It's been nice up here in the Northeast as well. I'm a tea or water drinker while stitching, although I tend to get carried away and not finish either. I try not to snack while stitching as I tend to get crumbs. :)

diamondc said...

Astrid: I bet you could just look at the book cover and translate to fabric.
I love the design you are stitching, Autumn Things, it looks like a lovely design.
Little Purses looks like a fun book, I am looking forward to seeing what design you stitch.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You could easily chart that book cover! The little purses are adorable. I really like the Peacock one.
I don't usually snack when I'm stitching but a break for a chocolate chip cookie is always welcome.

Bethan said...

I'm glad it cooled off for you :) I don't snack when crafting usually as I am likely to get chocolate over everything, but some nice Cadbury chocolate buttons are great when I take a break!

Faith... said...

Hmmm pumpkin tea and cookies! Those sound so yummy especially for a crisp fall day. I "try" not to eat in my stitchy space but I do drink; Coffee, Ice Tea or Diet Pepsi are my favorites.