Sunday 28 April 2019

Scavenger Photo Hunt, April 📷

Another month has flown by! Here's Katie's I live, I love, I craft, I am me ... scavenger photo hunt this month, more fun!

The words for April are...

Edge
We went for a walk today by a nearby reservoir, here are the "boys" resting along the edge of the water. 


Bridge
Another one from our walk today - I think these roots look like lots of bridges, maybe the ants go marching across them?!


Loaf
A delicious loaf of bread, made from the leftover grains of brewed beer by DH.


Black
This is a gorgeous black bear that came for a visit while we were at a lodge in Alaska several years ago.


Mine
They're mine, all mine! Although my family might disagree.


My Own Choice
These stunning ships were made by my great Uncle Tommy, in Hartland, Devon. He couldn't read or write, but WOW, look what he was able to create!

I'm not sure exactly when he started making them, but here we are in the late 70's.


Until next month!

10 comments:

Threads through my life said...

An interesting set of photos; I like the black bear but am grateful not to have one visit me! Your grandfather was very talented. My favourite photo has to be the 'ant' bridges! Great interpretation. As you say, until next month.

kjsutcliffe said...

Wowsers - your Grandfather's models are amazing!
And like Threads through my life - I agree that as wonderful as the black bear is, very glad we don't see them here, especially as we walk a lot and not sure if I would like to bump into one :D

Linda said...

Great pictures Astrid. Those boats are amazing.

Linda

Vickie said...

I am most impressed with your Great Uncle Tommy's ships! Incredible.

Julie said...

Great Uncle Tommy certainly bad a wonderful talent.
Mine.... that's my favourite this month

Barb said...

The ships are beautiful!! He was so talented to be able to make them. We actually have bear in our neighborhood. I have not seen one but a big one left his print in the snow. Plus my neighbor has her bird feeders taken in every night because they get after them and bend the posts. Looks like a fun family walk!

doodles n daydreams said...

A wonderful selection, love the bridge :)
Diana

Pudding et Biscotte said...

Great pictures and very interesting encounters! The meeting with the bear must remain an unforgettable moment, as for the ships made by your great uncle, they are real gems! Have a nice week!

Rosie said...

Great photos especially of the bear and your cats - they are so beautiful. Those ships are amazing, so much details:)

Jak said...

I would not like to meet a bear on a walk but happily enjoy your picture. Those model ships are amazing. Your uncle was indeed very talented. Those Siamese cats.....I wish they were mine. Very envious.