Monday 15 November 2021

Scavenger Photo Hunt - Apple 📷🍎

Welcome to the second word of the Scavenger Photo Hunt for November. As always, anyone can join in with whatever inspires you and I can always add it after the sign up is closed.


Apple
This was several years ago when Nathan and I went apple picking at a local orchard.
 

You can tell it was a while ago, he's much taller than me now! I can't remember what apples we picked, but I remember that they were delicious.


These next photos were taken by my Dad. 
He didn't pick these apples, but got them at the local market.





I gave them this apple peeler/corer/slicer years ago and it certainly makes things go much quicker. Unless the apple is too soft, then it's a hot mess.


The end result.


He tosses this outside for the deer to enjoy.


The end result, Mom/Oma's Apfelkuchen. OMGoodness, I can't wait to have some, hopefully the next time I'm there.


I know I've used some of these before, but there are apples in each one!


Trying something new next week - Something you see every day.

8 comments:

Threads through my life said...

With all those apples to peel, you do need that gadget. Nice to think the peelings are put out for the deer. The Apfelkuchen looks good!

diamondc said...

Astrid: I wish I would have had an apple peeler, it looks like something I should have.
That is a load of apples.
Nice outdoor photos, you both are so cute.

Catherine

Vickie said...

Delicious! I can't wait to finally get to those gorgeous monthly samplers you gave me to stitch. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Resident Chef has one of those apple peelers and wouldn't be without it. Sure makes it a lot easier. We've made three trips to the apple orchard this fall and have been gorging on Ambrosia and Honey Crisp apples....oh SO good!!

Faith... said...

That apple cake looks yummy! Nathan is certainly a cutie pie in that picture with you. And do I see Addie back there protecting her dad's apples?

Katie said...

Yummy post. My personal favorite is granny smith.

Jak said...

What a pile of apples, no wonder an apple peeler is necessary. I love the way you always have a sampler to fit the word/occasion. 🍎🍏 😀

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I would love a piece of that apple cake! I love apple pie and apple crumble both with custard.