Saturday 26 June 2021

Friday's Stitching Ground 🧜‍♀️

Part of this past week, Nathan and I went to visit with my parents. I stitched in the evenings, but I did get to do some stitching before we left on Friday.
I'm getting close to finishing her, pretty much just bits and pieces to add.


Here was my view in the living room, with Mom to my left reading her bible, and Dad having a rest on the sofa with Addie trying to get him to play with her. 
No babies here, the pack and play is Addie's "crate" at night and where she stays if they leave the house, which is very rare.
I'm not quite sure why it looks so green at the window, it might be dirty, but not green!


This is what their pool looked like years ago, before the summer house was added.


 Sadly, this is what it looks like now. Since Mom is no longer able to swim, they haven't opened it in a couple of years and it was getting rather nasty. So they decided to break it up and fill it in. Not sure how long it will take, but it's sad to see it like this. I think Dad wants to put in some type of small pond when it's all filled in.


Surprise, Dad took pictures before we left!


And one with Miss Addie too.


As if my Mom didn't have enough health issues, she now has to have cataract surgery on both of her eyes. I'll be taking her next week for the first one since it has to be done about 1.5hrs away.
My Dad is still having trouble sleeping and feeling tired all the time. It's a lot to take care of Mom, but I know he wouldn't have it any other way. I also know that my Mom is tired and ready to go, which I understand, but selfishly don't want to think about that happening.
It's hard with them being two hours away and not being able to help out as often as I'd like, but I try.

On a brighter note, I do enjoy spending time with them and even though my Dad can be overly camera happy, it's nice to have as many photos as we do with them. Are you the photo taker in your family, or are you the in the photos?! I'm definitely the photo taker in my family. 

8 comments:

Faith... said...

Thanks for the update on your parents! I have missed hearing about them. Sorry she has to undergo another procedure, I am sure she is tired of them. They both look great and so happy. Praying for everyone concerning the upcoming procedure. Nathan looks kinda like your dad.

Glad to see you got in some stitching too!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you had a chance to visit your mom and dad. Good luck with the cataract surgery; I need it done, too.

Barb said...

Sorry to hear your Mom has to go through another procedure. I pray it will go well for her. Those were good family photos, and yes, I take the pictures in our family!

Shelly said...

Your son has gotten big since the last time I tuned in. So sorry to read of your parents health issues. Your dad sounds like a trooper. I am the picture taker too!

Carol said...

Sorry to hear your mum is so poorly … it must be so hard being such a distance away. I know before we lost dad we were lucky enough to be able to pop in often as they are close by and I was glad for that. I’m glad you’ve been able to spend a bit of quality time with them. Take care 💜

Vickie said...

Lovely pictures! Is it not possible to get some part time help to just pop in a few times a week to help your Dad out?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am definitely the photographer in my family and my life, much better to be behind the lens!
Shame about the pool but they are expensive and a lot of work if you don't use it now.
I agree with Vickie, it would be good to get some Carers in to give your Mum some company and Dad a little break.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

So glad that you were able to visit with your parents - that's a blessing these days, for sure. Sad about having to fill in the pool but it will be much less work for your dad. Pools take a lot of care I think.
As for the photographer - that's always been me. There are very few photos of me which I suppose isn't the way it should be, but oh well.