Thursday 4 February 2021

A little Colour in the Snow 🌶❄

We finally got snow on Sunday, just a little bit to start.


Monday brought more snow and it sure was pretty! Sadly it wasn't all snow, there was some rain/sleet in the mix which made it a little crusty and slick out there. Then it snowed on top of that, so I think we got about 5 inches?


This was Tuesday and Chewie was loving it!


DH still hasn't taken down the lights on the fence, I like the way it looks in the snow.


I didn't quite clean up the "garden" so this is a true chilly pepper!


Here's some more colour. These are two of the kits DH got me for Christmas and I just finished this one. I think I'm going to add beads to hang them with and I still need to add the backing.
Although I did think about putting this one on a stake?
Mill Hill Come Stitch for a Spell


And maybe this one needs a stand instead?
Mill Hill Fall Tree


I've decided that I will only be stitching these kits while waiting to pick Nathan up at school in the afternoon. Otherwise, that's all I'm stitching even when I'm home and have plenty of other pieces I could/should be working on. 

At least picking him up has me stitching five day a week, I just include the weekends and this will be my third year of stitching every day of the year. Some days can be very productive, while others might only be five minutes, but any amount of stitching is good! I know Jo has me beat, by how many years?! Anyone else stitching every day, or maybe trying to?


Stitching with a view like this is an added plus, too bad it doesn't last long!

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Astrid: What an adorable photo of Chewie, so cute, Krissy the dog says hello.
I giggled at the chilly pepper comment.
I love the Mill Hill kits, they are fun to stitch up.
I try to stitch daily myself.
Beautiful outdoor photos.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Lights look lovely on your fence, especially in the snow.
I would attach the first Mill Hill to a small broomstick, if you can find one or make one from twigs!

My son is 12 this month and my blog is 10 in April, so I have stitched every day for some time inbetween those numbers! I certainly didn't stitch when he was a newborn but restarted not long after.

Barb said...

What a pretty view! I have never met a dog that didn't love snow! So cute! I usually stitch everyday. I have a good reason. We spend most nights after 7:30 or so with the good old tv. I can't just sit and watch so I stitch! I stitch even a bit more since covid since going out is not much of an option here! Restaurants are still closed except for take out and most of my friends are in my age group which means we are all in the high risk group!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Chewie is certainly having fun, snow always looks so pretty. We've had a little but it's gone now, maybe we'll have some more who knows? Your Mill Hill's look great. I stitch when I feel like it, sometimes daily, sometimes I miss a few days, it can be any time of day too.

Mary said...

I'm a big fan of crows so I just love your crow piece, I really like Jo's idea of putting it on a little broomstick. I would keep the lights up too, so pretty in the winter. Your pink and blue sky photo is stunning!!! I wish I was an everyday stitcher but not.

Vickie said...

Aww, good for Chewie. Henry likes the snow also, but not the bitter cold. I stitch every day. It is rare I don't.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm a 'stitch every day' person, otherwise I get antsy and not fit to live with. I'm so looking forward to getting my cataracts done because I have a hankering to do some cross stitch pieces but for now I can't see well enough.
Chewie looks so cute with that little bit of snow on his nose.

Carol said...

That photo is really stunning ... the colours are incredible. We are due snow here this weekend and I’m hoping it’s some of the ‘nice’ stuff ... light and fluffy, rather than wet, slushy and slippery. Take care 😃

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Astrid. I so love the snow if I don't have to go out in it.

Linda

Katie said...

We got a crunchy 6 inches on the ground right now. Enough my hubby had to even snow blow. Boy it's beautiful to look at. Now we are cold cold cold. Wind chill advisories to look forward to. Beautiful stitching. Good luck stitching every day. I always try to but fail badly haha.

Faith... said...

The snow is pretty but when it comes with sleet and rain it is not that much fun except for the Chewies of the world! I think the light look pretty, I would leave them up year round if I could. Two very pretty stitched pieces. I think the tree would look great in some type of stand. I am trying to stitch every day this year. I missed too already due to getting some nerve blocks but other than that, I am trying my best even if it is just half hour! Good luck to you stitching every day!