Thursday 10 December 2020

Happy 60th Anniversary to my Parents! 🥂

On this day in Braintree, Essex, a beautiful young girl from Germany and a cheeky Welsh lad, so some say, were wed after a brief four month courtship. As poor as church mice, but wherever love falls and it was love at first sight! The naysayers said it would never last but here we are sixty years later (awaiting congratulations from Buckingham Palace) to prove them wrong. With Ulrike by my side, we achieved the impossible dream, found our nest in the west, and are happily content to let the rest of the world go by. Ulrike has always been the wind beneath my wings and I owe everything I am to her, but I no longer eat cake!!
 

And here they are, 60 years later, although he may be the one feeding her nowadays.


Dad is not one to send or give flowers, a piece of china is so much nicer according to him! But today, he gave her roses and carnations for their special anniversary. She was totally surprised and can't stop looking at them. Even Addie is enjoying them.


I came to visit with them today, with flowers and I made their dinner. I have a little something I'm stitching them, but haven't finished it yet, ugh! I'll show them how far I am and hopefully finish it soon to give to them.

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sixty years is something real special - please extend very happy wishes to them both! They are proof-positive that love at first sight is a wonderful thing.

Barb said...

Being married for 60 years is absolutely wonderful! What a cute young couple they were and now a lovely older couple. They still look in love! Congratulations to them both!

Vickie said...

Again, Congratulations to your parents! Just marvelous! The flowers are gorgeous!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Belated congratulations to your parents. 60 years of marriage is an achievement to be admired.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on their Diamond Wedding Anniversary! Does the Queen send cards overseas? We arranged one for my grandparents. Grandad liked it but Nana was less impressed "she doesn't know me, why did she send a card?"
Nice to compare the Now and Then photos too!

Cathy said...

60 years is a long time and very few couples make it that long so it's extra special. Please wish them a happy anniversary from me.

Katie said...

Wow how special. Thanks for sharing.