Friday 11 December 2020

Day 11 of the Advent Calendar 🎅 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Welcome to day...
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please take a look there to start from the beginning. If I looked back correctly, I think this is my 10th year doing this - time flies when you're having fun!

Here we have the Celtic Santa from Wales I stitched for my Dad this year. I asked him how he wanted it finished and he asked for it to be in a gold frame. Too bad Mill Hill doesn't make them! So I'll be looking for one online, or most likely painting it myself.


The second part of the hop this year is sharing what our favourite Christmas book is. I don't really have one for myself, but one that I used to read to Nathan. Sadly, I didn't read it to the Gmen since we didn't have it back then.
It's called the Advent Storybook, 24 Stories to Share Before Christmas. It tells the story of Benjamin Bear's Mother reading him a short story every evening about another little bear and his journey to Bethlehem, and the true meaning of Christmas.


Per Mother Bear, "But it's nice to know that God gives us friends and loved ones to help us on our journey."
So dear friends, I know this is a totally different year that none of us expected, but I'm wishing you a very Happy Christmas and blessings in the New Year.

Thanks Jo, for putting together another fun year of Blog Hops, we really needed it this crazy year. I'm a little behind on my hopping and hope to catch up this weekend.

17 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Welsh Santa is super, where was the chart from as I'd like to stitch one. Thanks for sharing your book.

Elfie said...

I love your Welsh Santa. I hope tlyou find a suitable frame soon. That looks like a great book. I've not seen it before but I will look out for it. I know a family of young boys who would love it. I hope you have a happy Christmas.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your Welsh Celtic Santa is great and I've checked and see they so an Irish one as well. Your book choice sounds great for reading to children (and I'm sure would be equally enjoyed by those young at heart).

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I didn't know about this hop so I will have to go and do some catching up! I love Christmas designs and books so this one is going to be fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. You are correct, this is the tenth year and you have taken part in every single one of them! An achievement shared only with Christine from The Alchymyst's Study.
I love your Celtic Santa, that is a very nice series. The book looks great too, I like the idea of an Advent book to read each day. I had two different ones when my older son was little.

Vickie said...

What a gorgeous Santa for your father!

Barb said...

What a perfect gift for your Dad. That book sounds very special! A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

BronnyB said...

Your Welsh Santa is lovely, I can almost hear his accent when he says 'Ho Ho Ho" - I"m sure your dad will love your frame choice too.
There hasn't been small children in this household for some 15 years or more (my youngest is 23) so have not read this one (yet)
Merry Christmas

Denise :) said...

Your Celtic Santa is amazing ... you did a great job with him! The Advent Storybook looks like a terrific addition to a Christmas library!! :)

FlashinScissors said...

What a great Santa! I look forward to seeing it in the frame you find, gold sounds just right!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Cathy said...

I wish I'd known about that book when Kyleigh was younger. It sounds like the perfect bedtime story book. I also hope you find a frame for Santa. It's too bad he didn't want an ornament. Do they not have a Christmas tree?

DJ said...

I love your Welsh Santa, he looks so European! I love the idea of the Advent Story book, and I will look for it if I'm ever blessed with grandchildren! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sheryl said...

Love your Welsh Santa and how you have completed his beard. He will look perfect with a gold frame. I like the idea of an Advent storybook and having stories to read each day before the 25th. Happy Christmas to you and yours.

jocondine said...

Such a great Santa, I love how he is ready to cut some holly branches or a Christmas tree. Nice beard too! Nice book, helpful for every evening story with the kids. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël. xxx

gracie said...

Love the Mill Hill Santa's. I make the Southwest ones. I like your Celtic Santa!

Christine said...

I love that Santa!

Katie said...

Good luck finding the frame you want. Great post. Thanks for sharing.