Saturday 12 December 2020

A Chrimbly Friday 👩‍🍳

Here's some more Friday photo fun from Katie @I live, I love, I craft, I am me... and this week's word is... 


Baking - festive or otherwise and maybe share the recipe so we can all have a taste.
I much prefer baking over cooking, and I try to limit it to special occasions. But how nice that a big one is coming up! 🎅
Cookies are always a hit, and so are cheesecakes. My Dad makes lovely mince pies, but I haven't tackled that one yet, probably because I'd be the only one eating them around here!
Although my favourite cake to have during this time of year is definitely Cranberry Christmas Cake.


And it's even better when paired with cranberry coffee.

I can't remember where or how I found the recipe, but it's here @Barefeet in the Kitchen. Simple ingredients and super easy. I've only ever used fresh cranberries so I'm not sure how well frozen ones would work.



Stitched cookies are nice too, they last a really long time!


I'm looking forward to seeing what others have posted and hopefully try something new! 

12 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

That looks so yummy. I'm starting to think about our Christmas baking/cooking and getting a shopping list done. It's very different this year with us having online deliveries instead of going to the shops.

Threads through my life said...

Cranberry cake looks lovely. I can smell it from here. Happy baking.

Carol said...

The cake looks amazing. I might just have to give it a try as I love cranberries

Linda said...

It looks yummy Astrid. I sure do miss Spike's adventures.

Linda

Tigermouse said...

The cranberry Christmas cake looks lovely and certainly different from 'normal Christmas cake - I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks :)

Barb said...

I am going to give your cake a try. However, I should probably stick to the stitched kind!

kjsutcliffe said...

Ooh that does look good :)
Probably does have more calories that the stitched cookie though HAHA
thanks for joining in x

Vickie said...

That looks delicious! Your little stitched cookies are adorable!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yum - I'd be all over that cranberry cake!!! I love cranberries in any form. Looks like your Elf is eyeing those beautiful stitched cookies and I rather doubt there will be anything but crumbs left for Santa.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Addendum to my original comment - cranberries have been purchased and cake has been made and taste-tested and that recipe is most definitely a keeper!!! Thank you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cake looks great! Nice cookie stitching too.

Katie said...

Oh I would love that. Just might have to try it. Thanks for sharing.