Sunday 1 November 2020

Save those Turkeys! 🦃

 Since this is the year of the unknown, that includes turkeys!
If you've been following my blog for any amount of time (especially since 2013) you will have seen the "I am not a turkey, I'm a ..." that the 1st graders at Nathan's school create to hide their turkey from becoming a Thanksgiving dinner.
Even though Nathan's school is open and most of the children are in school, parents are not allowed in the building which makes it rather difficult to take photos of all those potential adorable non-turkeys. But, I do have a "contact" on the inside who will hopefully be able to help me and take pictures which I will edit before posting them.

But just in case they don't create them this year for some reason, or she is unable to get me the photos, I thought it would for fun for the adults to get creative and see what happens. That means YOU!

So let's see what you can come up with and I'll create a link-up to see how many turkeys have been disguised. Since Thanksgiving for us is November 26th, I'll open it on Monday, the 23rd until the 25th. 
This turkey looks like the one the kids use, so use this to print out and disguise. Paper, feathers, ribbons, tissue paper, cotton balls, floss, or just about anything you can think of to help the little guy out.
Please feel free to share, the more the merrier! 




Here's a little inspiration, Nathan's astronaut.


And who knows, there might be a gift certificate for the "winner, winner, I'm not going to be a turkey dinner!"
Should we actually vote on the most favourite one, or pick a name from a hat?
I'll be joining in too, but obviously not to win!

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! Here in Canada the turkey sales were way down at our Thanksgiving because people weren't getting together as much.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You KNOW I am doing this! I think it's a fabulous idea and will share it on my blog too.

Faith... said...

Sounds like a fun challenge!! I have to put on my thinking cap and talk to my turkey and see what he may want to be. The ideas are endless... I will link back to this on my blog too. If you don't want it linked back let me know and I will delete it.

Faith... said...

ps ~ I see where it says please share. I am always late to the party! haha

Bethan said...

I love seeing these every year! This sounds like such a fun challenge - I may join in if inspiration hits, otherwise I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing what everyone else does! x

Katie said...

How fun. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.