Saturday 7 November 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍁

This afternoon I headed to my parents for a short visit. Dad asked me when I was coming next and I had already thought that I would come by this weekend, so that worked out for us all!
There's still a little bit of colour in the trees there, that's always nice to see.


Well this worked out perfectly, I went to get the mail with Addie soon after I arrived, and waiting inside the mailbox was a card for Dad. Cathy @The Stitching Grandma was so sweet and stitched this mug card for my Dad's birthday. Needless to say, he was thrilled and I think he might even get a frame for it. Thank you so much, Cathy, for making him such a special card! 🥰


As for stitching, I picked this up again and I am determined to finish this in time for Thanksgiving. I'm outlining the Indians and then really need to figure out what colour I'm using for the leaves.


I'm stitching in the basement this evening, and keeping my legs warm with a blanket my Momma made years ago. She made this when she was still able to use her hands. Luckily, I have a couple at home, and all the boys have one too. Those are all coloured themed, but I like the mismatched ones the best. And I am actually lucky enough to have one of those too!
Do you have any treasured blankets like this in your house? 

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your Dad has the most wonderful smile! I think he must have a great sense of humour to go along with it.
Looks like you're on tract to finishing your Thanksgiving stitchery in time to display it. As for having any blankets that are special - my grandmothers were both quilters (one of them also knitted very fine lace) but I only ended up with one quilt. All the quilts my paternal grandmother made were lost in a house fire and the ones from my maternal side were given away by my aunt - or, more likely, sent to the thrift store. My mother was a water colour painter and didn't go in for the fabric arts at all.

Vickie said...

What a wonderful surprise gift card for him! Love it! Your stitching looks great. We do have a crocheted blanket we have saved from Brian's Grandma. :)

Linda said...

Love your Thanksgiving piece Astrid. How wonderful to have a blanket that your Mom made. Its beautiful.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Dad does seem pleased with all his cards and gifts!
The blanket is lovely too, so many bright colours.

Barb said...

No special blankets here. You are very lucky to have such a fun one. Your Dad looks wonderful. I wish I still had your parents address so I could send him a belated card. I think you can get that one done by Thanksgiving.

diamondc said...

Astrid: Your father is adorable.
What a lovely gift from Cathy.
Happy Thanksgiving is a lovely sampler.
I do have a quilt that a blogger made, when she gave it to me it was a top, I had it batted and quilted, I have had it for 9 years now.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Your father looks so happy all the time! I can imagine that he is a very kind person and friendly to everyone. He just has that kind of smile. Glad he was happy with all his card. Can't wait to see what color the leaves are. It looks like it can be finished in time for Thanksgiving! Good luck with it.

Katie said...

Glad you had a weekend with your parents and well Addie of course haha. Beautiful work on your Thanksgiving piece. Good luck getting it finished up. Love your blanket. I have one that my mom's grandma made me all tucked away.

Sheryl said...

I like your thanksgiving pattern and the colourful cosy blanket. No special ones in my house, maybe I should make one?