Saturday 5 September 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🚪

Chewie was very busy tonight, between being with me, to racing downstairs to be with DH. I think he'll sleep well tonight.
I'm still working on Happy Thanksgiving, but started the pilgrim so I don't have to decide on the leaves yet!


I'm sure she'll look better once she's back stitched.


This evening it's finally cool enough to have the door open to let the cool air in... bring on the fall! And look, I have the perfect beer for this weather, a Harvest Patch Shandy, it's delicious.


Here is trouble himself, opening the basement door with encouragement from DH below. 


And what else did he get into today? He was outside in the muddy mess with all the rain we've had, and decided to let himself in via the screened in porch and then the door to the house... leaving muddy paw prints on both handles and then all over the floor until Nathan caught him to wipe his feet. Oh well, I needed to wash the floor today anyway.
Hmm, something the cats would never do!

Oops, I forgot my question - what pumpkin goodies have you enjoyed since it's now September? No way could I wait until October.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Perfect evening, Autumnal weather, stitching on a Autumn stitch while drinking a pumkin beer!!! Well done!!

Vickie said...

Nice stitching! Chewie is rather talented! Henry will scratch at the door to be let in. I am afraid he is rather short to pull off that stunt, at 7 pounds. ;)
I have had pumpkin donuts so far. :)

Linda said...

A fun place to stitch Astrid. Love having the doors open. Chewie is pretty talented. Are you keeping him?

Linda

Kelly Tadlock said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the pup!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh, trouble indeed! That is hilarious and jaw-dropping at the same time. LOL! Oh, the adventures in your future. 😉

Love the Thanksgiving stitch. I love how backstitching makes the colors pop, don’t you?

I haven’t had anything pumpkin yet, but that is going to have to change now that you mention it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the Thanksgiving piece.
We are attempting to grow a pumpkin, I have a plant but no pumpkins yet!

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a cosy night stitching, Thanksgiving is looking great. What a cheeky monkey Chewie is!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Ohoh - a dog that can open doors? That's going to make life interesting!
No pumpkin tastings here as yet but I might pick up a can next time I'm shopping in hopes for some pumpkin tarts.

Faith... said...

Happy Thanksgiving is coming along nicely and I can't wait to see what you decide on for the leaves. Our friends had doors with those handles also and the dogs were always going in and out of closed doors! We have those handles on the front door but luckily we have short dogs who can't reach them!!

Barb said...

OK, you have me. I have been using any excuse I can find to have a Starbuck's cold brew with pumpkin spice cream!

Katie said...

Finally catching up....again. It was finally cool here too. Love being able to open the windows. Lovely stitching. Love Chewie. He's just too cute. Perfect excuse to clean the floors haha. I'm not a pumpkin fan. Other than decorations.