Friday 28 February 2020

Scavenger Photo Hunt, February 📷

Happy end of February! It's time for Katie's I live, I love, I craft, I am me ... scavenger photo hunt this month.

The words for February are...

Heart
The Amish heart quilt in our guest bedroom, I love how it looks 3D in the photo.


Tail (AND Heart!)
Maximus and Ming showing the love.


Repair
My cousin in Germany sent me this beautiful mermaid mug, but unfortunately it broke in the box. I glued it and need to seal it to try and use it as a planter... we'll see if it actually works out! 


Key (board)
This is a daily occurrence when trying to type.


Knot
I bought this sweet Mary Undoer of Knots when I took Gman2 back to school at Franciscan Univ. She lives in my craft room.


My Own Choice
These poor little Snowdrops haven't seen any snow yet! We've been teased with talk of snow, but I think this year is a bust. If we don't get any snow by Saturday, that will be the first February in 150 years to not see any snow in the Baltimore area.


See you next month.
Thanks, Katie!

13 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

I agree with your comments re that lovely heart quilt - it does look 3D! Your cat's tails - aaawwww that made me smile - sooo sweet :) We've had a bit of a dusting with snow the last couple of days, but not like it should be. Lovely photos - thank you for joining in x

Mary said...

Your quilt is amazing, it certainly does look 3D! My favorite is your cats tails shaped like a heart!!!

Threads through my life said...

Love the cats (tails and hearts), my favourite photo. We once had a cat that rented us and he too would help me at the keyboard... thanks for reminding me of him. Love the quilt. It is a Bargello type and one day I might make one... Hard to believe you've not had any snow, especially considering where you live. Weird weather these days all over the world. Here's to next month!

Jak said...

What lovely pictures. I love, love the cats Maximus and Ming in both Keys and Hearts. I also love Mary, Undoer of Knots. I really can't choose a favourite as I think that quilt is amazing. Think I love them all.

Vickie said...

The quilt IS gorgeous! I love the cats tails!! Mary Undoer of Knots is new to me. I like that! And wow! 150 years is a long time!

Linda said...

Great pictures Astrid. Your kitties look about as helpful as mine.

Linda

Tigermouse said...

Love the quilt but my favourites are the cat shots, especially the one with the heart tails - that's just super cute :)

Fil said...

Your quilt is fantastic - such clever work - but the two cats - awwww - so cute. Your undoer of knots would be a great addition to any craft room ... Lovely pics.

Susan Smith said...

Love the Bargello Heart quilt & I've only ever attempted a small simple one, definitely not heart shaped. Your cats are just so sweet * they are my favourite photos. At least the snowdrops are flowering & yes we've been having weird weather here too. Only one day over 30deg for February this year & about double our average rainfall for this month too, here in Southern Victoria. Take care.

Julie said...

Stunning quilt. Aww the kittys.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Quilt is amazing! It really does look 3D. As do the cats!
Shame about the mug, hopefully you can repurpose it.
I've never heard of Mary of the Knots, that's a very sweet story.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I always enjoy this photo challenge. Loved seeing the snowdrops but am amazed that you haven't had any snow - we can certainly send you some!

Katie said...

Great photos. What a beautiful quilt. We finally got a little bit of a snow storm. Got 4.5 inches and then 1.5 on top. It was lovely for a bit. Now it's a wet wet mess.