Friday 4 October 2019

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍃

Finally... today (and tomorrow, AND Sunday) I'm stitching at the PA Fall Getaway! Meeting up with several stitching friends I've met before and meeting LOTS of new ones!
I'm still working on Autumn Things, could there be a finish for me this weekend?


We are obviously stitching inside, but just outside the doors where we are is this lovely view. Too bad it was crazy windy today, or I might have taken a break out there to stitch for a bit.


Karen didn't arrive until the afternoon, but this PITA lovely frog was saving her spot!


She's working on her hives and Miss Honey Bee was supervising.


This was our view during dinner, just stunning.


I'm sure I'll be taking more photos tomorrow, with plenty more to tell!
Next week I'll have to catch up to my blog reading and responding to comments, this week was rather crazy.

Are you able to attend any stitching retreats?
I don't get to the big ones very often, but luckily this one worked out. And I'll be at a shorter one in two weeks. I could get used to this!

11 comments:

Vickie said...

What a blessing for you! I have never been to a stitching retreat. I am finally going to meet up with stitching friends though!! Barb and Leanne from Lost In Floss fame! In less than two weeks time, at Panera. I can't wait!!

Linda said...

Still loving the piece your working on Astrid. Looks like your having a great time. I would so love to go to one but there are none around here.

Linda

Meg said...

How fun! I’ve never been to a stitching retreat. I hope you have a finish this weekend! 😊

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Alas no stitching retreats within easy distance here. Looks like you're having a great time!

Rachel said...

I hope you are having a lovely time at your retreat, getting in lots of stitching and catching up with and making new friends. Good luck with trying to finish Autumn Things; I'm sure you can do it if chatting doesn't get in the way! :)

FlashinScissors said...

No retreats here! But if there were I wouldn’t go ..... I like my home comforts too much!
Still, I do have my weekly handicraft group meet-ups to go to.
Sounds l8ke you are having fun. Love the sunset!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'd love to do another stitching retreat, they are so much fun whether it be with old friends or new ones.
Wonder how much stitching you will get done?!

diamondc said...

Astrid: I love retreats, it is so relaxing to be able to stitch with people that like the same thing.
I have a three and one half day retreat next week.
I love the Sampler you are working on.
The photos are stunning indeed.

Catherine

Barb said...

That looks like so much fun and what a very pretty place to be stitching!

Katie said...

Several of my PALs friends attended this one. Mom just wasn't up for the long drive and big city driving. Hope you had a blast though.

Bethan said...

Amazing views! I hope you managed to do as much as you'd hoped - I'm sure I'll find out soon as I'm catching up on blogs this evening. You're lucky to be able to get to a sewing retreat; I don't seem to find many in the UK, and have never been to one x