Saturday 30 December 2023

Flashback from the Hershey Fall Getaway 🍫

Nothing like posting late, this was in October! But at least it's still in the same year.

Hershey's motto is "sharing goodness."
What a great way to spend a stitching retreat!
This retreat was hosted by Linda and Annette @LinAnn Events. It's always a great time with them and what a great group of stitchers!


Before checking in, I stopped by Hershey's Chocolate World to stock up.


That's my kind of house!


Just a little bit of a maze in the hotel, but I found the stitching room!




A clean table (for now) with treats. I brought what I'm calling, Dead Fred, feeding him floss so we won't have to frog!


The goodie bag and sweet gifts from friends.


One of pieces I was working on.


Brenda, Fran and I ventured out on Friday night to Dark Nights at Hershey Park.


We went to all five haunted houses, such fun!


Who knew a sewing machine could be used for sewing pig skin? 😱


Our trio of trouble.


Our crazy funtastic stitching table.


Saturday night escapades with the white elephant exchange. The word was BRISK.


My original choice was stolen, so I thought I'd be brave and take the totally unknown!


This is what was inside.
I have never done embroidery before, but it looks like I need to give it a try. I know my Momma liked it, so I might too. Of course the mug will come in handy, and especially the little travel light. And candy, can't forget the candy!


This is what I put together in my ghost. I used an empty plastic vinegar container with a hole in the back, with a "prettified" plunger to hold up the ghost.


I won for one of the most creative... amazing fabric from Needlework with Jim.




This was at the freebie table... dragons and Mill Hill!



I bought this fabric for this pattern I wanted to start.


Our group, and I'm already looking forward to next year's event!


Where I ended up finishing before putting it away for the season.


I'm already looking forward to next year!

7 comments:

Stasi said...

Astrid...looks like a lot of fun! How could you not enjoy being in Hershey!!! I know a few of the ladies in the photo...small world.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like everyone had a splendid time and some really fun 'goodies' to take home too. I would have had a hard time getting past the Hershey's to get to the needlework part of it!

diamondc said...

Happy New Year Astrid: This looks like my kind of retreat, stitching and lots of chocolate.
I love the fabric you won how lucky you are.
Your ghost is adorable.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Looks like lots of fun! How cool that you guys got to stay in Hershey Park! You did some great stitching and shopping for all that pretty fabric. If I were you I would also be looking forward to next years event. Do you guys always go to Hershey?

Happy New Years to you and your family!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fun retreat! This definitely fitted the theme for my People's Choice in December.
I have the Owlvira chart too. Not sure when I will start it though.

Katie said...

How fun. Thanks for sharing your great time. I loved Hershey!

Toki said...

Sorry for the rather late comment.
What a wonderful retreat.😆
There is a lot of fun to be had and it looks very fulfilling. Your smile and your group are so nice.🙌