Friday 8 September 2023

A sweet find!🧵

I saw this on our local Buy Nothing page for our area and threw my name in the hat to get it.


And I got it!
I cleaned it up as best as I could to display it asap. It needed some cover up until I fix the top, and since it's getting to be that time, I knew what to put on it.


The sewing machine inside was still there, but it came out and wouldn't stay in place. So I left it out and stored it away. Undecided if I'll clean it up enough to try and use it, it's a bit of a mess!

8 comments:

Stasi said...

Great find...and put to good use right away!

Pamela said...

What a great find! It’s gorgeous.

Lee said...

I love this!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Be still my heart- what a great find and it looks fabulous all decked out for fall. Whether you use the machine or not , they are always pretty to look. Have a great day.

Faith... said...

Looks great Astrid! I have this exact one that belonged to my Mom. The sewing machine is in there but I have never tried to see if it works because I am pretty sure she said it did not.

Katie said...

I have one my grandfather made for me. He took the top all off and made a new table top for it. I love it. It's safe in storage waiting for a spot to display it again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a gorgeous table, even without the sewing machine itself.
Daffycat used to renovate them, I wonder if she still does? She did some interesting blog posts about it back in the day!

Toki said...

This is a very nice antique sewing machine table.
Great discovery!.😆