Thursday 31 August 2023

The 1st Grace Notes Retreat 🎶

Through friends, I heard about a retreat from Grace Notes Fabrics and I was ready to join them!


Three weeks ago today, I traveled to Pennsylvania, not that far from me.


You can already see the beautiful fabric they have to offer.


We had tickets in our goodie bag and could also earn more tickets with games in the booklet we received. These were the items available for the raffle. So many lovely things!


These were on the brag tables, all stitched on Grace Notes Fabric. Lots of amazing stitching on gorgeous fabric. I hope to be able to add to it next year.





The Grace Notes Retreat Crew, they all made it such fun!

Jamey, Hannah, Colleen, Corrin, John, Sheri, Allison, and Karla


This was my area of our table, just a little bit of a hot mess.


And what's a retreat without the giveaway table?!


This is what I came home with.


Our goodie bag came with this booklet, which included plenty of sweet patterns and games.


There were lots of goodies inside!


And also very generous stitchers who gave out their own goodies.


This was the set up for shopping, as well as patterns on the left side against the wall.


I was mainly interested in fabric, especially for this piece. I wanted to use purple for the witches and the one I had started before just didn't look right to me.
I found this and it's perfect!


I also bought all these smaller pieces to stitch who knows what on. I just love all those gorgeous colours!


Sheri (of the Notes Crew) made this beautiful quilt for a raffle to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation and Precious Life... $1000 was raised!


And with the leftover fabric, Sheri made every one of us a needle book, what a treasure!
And can I say, there were tears.


Each table had a frog and when announced, the person who had it because they were frogging, received a prize - I won the little imagine book.
Also shown is the needle book from Sheri and the boo boo stick that was in the goodie bag I forgot to show.
Last win was the actual frog which I got. Sadly, we spend quite a bit of time together!


Fran and I each had a finish, yay!


I then worked on The Snowflower Diaries, which I'm way behind on. October was a porcupine and a snail, but I wanted something more for Halloween and wanted to use one of Maja's actual designs. I decided to make her witch into a bunny, based on another one of her designs. I still have to finish the bottom part and add more flowers. I know it's not quite like the rest of the series, but I like it!

Here's a reminder of what the rest look like.


And besides cross stitching, there was some bobbin lace happening with Arlene. So beautiful, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to attempt it.


Our Grace Notes Retreat Group!


And here's our table of stitchers.🥰


This is what I've been working on since getting the perfect fabric there.
Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.




So for their first retreat, it was an AMAZING one! Thank you for making it such a memorable weekend.
Everyone was so wonderful and friendly, and the place was perfect. I'm already looking forward to next year!

9 comments:

Stasi said...

Astrid, looks like a fun retreat! Where about in PA was it?

diamondc said...

Hello Astrid: Retreats are so much fun, you have a load of goodies wow and the stash you bought great finds, the stash relocation table had some great goodies on it, you chose some fun designs.
Nice stitching.
Have a great Labor day Weekend.

Catherine

Mary said...

What a lovely retreat. It looks like you had a ton of fun and got some really gorgeous fabic as well.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My goodness - talk about a great retreat! So many goodies to bring home and a fun time too, what could be better.

Faith... said...

What an awesome weekend! So many people attended and there were so many goodies passed out for everyone to enjoy! LOVE that purple fabric you bought for Hawk Run! Enjoy the holiday weekend.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh how fun, Astrid. It looks like a good time was had by all. I bet you came back full of inspiration. So many beautiful stitches. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

Toki said...

It looks like you attended a very nice retreat.
There are so many wonderful works and materials. I also like the slightly disorganized table.
Thank you for sharing the photos that make me hear so many happy voices.
Do your best While enjoying Halloween stitches.
I thought it was amazing that Sheri was handing out needle books to everyone.
I felt even more wonderful because I am also participating in the Pink Ribbon movement just like her.😆

Katie said...

How fun. Love those beautiful fabrics. You can never have enough pretty fabric haha. Thanks for sharing your time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous retreat. I’d not heard of them until very recently and now they seem to be mentioned everywhere!
That purple for HRH is incredible! You’re going to love stitching that one.