Saturday 9 October 2021

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍂

This past week I've been at my parents helping out while my Dad recovers from his stent placements. He's not supposed to lift any more than 10lbs, so that makes it difficult to take care of my Mom.
The colours are starting to show up here in western Maryland, but they sure are slow!


This was this morning while taking Addie for a walk.


Lots of yellow, I'd like more orange and red!


I was able to stitch a little in the Gartenhaus this afternoon, with a break in between taking care of Mom. With some pumpkin beer to wet my whistle!


On Wednesday, Dad celebrated his 81st birthday and requested a tiramisu cake. 'Tis the season, I made a pumpkin one! Not quite sweet enough for me, but better for them with less sugar and they liked it. Mom was able to enjoy the cake part since it had been soaked and was so soft.



So far I've enjoyed pumpkin coffee, donuts, and tiramisu. I have pumpkin ice cream waiting at home for me, I'm loving it! Do you enjoy anything pumpkin?

8 comments:

Vickie said...

So glad to see your Dad looking well after his surgery. I love everything pumpkin!

Carol said...

I don’t think I’ve had anything pumpkin to eat … though I do love butternut squash. I would imagine it’s quite similar 😃

Linda said...

Great picture of you and your parents Astrid. I don't like pumpking anything.

Linda

diamondc said...

Happy Birthday to you Father.
Fun Halloween stitch.
Lovely photo of you and your parents.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Sorry to hear that your Dad had to go thru that procedure but he looks like he came thru it with flying colors. Happy Birthday to him! He looks very dapper for the celebration and your Mom is looking great too!

Barb said...

Such a great photo of you and your parents. So glad your Dad had a nice day for his birthday! My favorite pumpkin beer is called Night Owl. It is super not too sweet beer but with a super pumpkin flavor!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!! He looks so dapper in his jacket and tie, I miss seeing men dress nice like that. I would love pumpkin anything!! I'm going to try the beer now!! The leaves are slow turning here and with all the rain and little sunshine, I hope it's not going to be a bust of a year for color.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely photo of your parents and you.
I don't think I've ever tried pumpkin, it's not really on the menu here!