Friday 9 July 2021

Friday's Stitching Ground 🍕

Friday night at our house means homemade pizza night! And the best part (besides being delicious), I'm only responsible for cooking the sausage. Normally DH makes the dough and the Gmen help put them together. Nathan's job? Cleanup!
Tonight we had our friend, John, join us. Friends are always welcome, it makes it more fun!


I decided to start this one while watching them. They've been doing it long enough that they don't need any supervision!


My drink for this evening was what Gman1 brought home tonight. A nice change from beer and/or sours.


After dinner, they guys played Catan and I pulled out Gathering Honey to stitch since I had more room. Although I didn't sit with them very long, they were getting rather loud and very involved in the game!


Now they're ready to play corn hole outside and I know I won't be stitching out there.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening when my gf comes over for dinner, drinks (I'll tell you about that next time), and crafting. She'll be sleeping over, so we'll see how long we last!

Do you have a weekly/monthly ritual with your family and/or friends?

6 comments:

Carol said...

Your gathering honey stitch is beautiful 😍

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Pizza night sounds great! Regarding rituals with friends, I have two GF's that I have gotten together with pretty much every week for over 30 years (with the exception of after covid hit). Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings are pretty much marked out on my calendar and we do our level utmost to stick with it. For the past number of months when we can't meet for coffee in person, we've been doing the video chat thing every week.

Mary said...

Such a fun evening!! The gathering honey is gorgeous!! Now that my friend and I are both innoculated we are back to cardmaking each week. It's great fun hangin out with a friend and creating! Enjoy your GF time!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That does look like a fun evening! I'm glad you got some stitching time too.

Barb said...

Your pizza night sounds wonderful. My only problem would be that my DH makes quite a mess in the kitchen. He tries to clean it up but I think I am too fussy!! You are getting close to a finish on that garden piece. It is so pretty!

diamondc said...

Homemade pizza is the best, lots of everything on a pizza is for me.
That margarita sounds yummy.
Beautiful design, nice progress, I remember that design in an old Cross Stitch and country Crafts magazine, I still have.
I love corn hole, I am bad at it but love to play.
Yes I have book club and get together with the Thursday Girls once a month.

Catherine