Wednesday 3 March 2021

An Actual Stitching Update!🧜‍♀️

 So I picked up Sirena and saw that I hadn't worked on her since 2019?! Oh my, no way!
Then I remembered why I stopped, there was a frog that needed to be dealt with.


I did what frogging was needed and started stitching again to end up here.


The problem now is the chest that I stitched and the chest in the photo look totally different. I used the suggested floss, Blackboard, but mine looks sooo much darker and I don't like it! I'll look at my stash tomorrow to see if I have something lighter, otherwise I'm going shopping.


My car stitching is slow progress on this cute Mummy, but it's nice and easy while waiting on Nathan at school pick up.


It has been so nice to have Ming and Maximus sit with me again and have them roaming around the house like they used to before Chewie arrived. But it sounds like Chewie is ready to graduate from Boot Camp and come home this weekend! Hopefully he will remain calm enough with them and they'll come out more. Crossing fingers and paws!


10 comments:

Mary said...

That's the one problem I have with the overdyed flosses, sometimes they look nothing like previous dye lots. That chest is way darker than the one pictured. I hope the newly schooled Chewi is calmer around the cats.

Vickie said...

I hope you can find the floss you are looking for. :)
I also hope Chewie is calmer around the cats. I am thinking Max just going to remain anxious??

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful piece. Hope you will find the apt thread colour.

Linda said...

Love the pieces your working on Astrid. Those kitties just need to show Chewie who is the boss.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Sirena is looking great but I agree that chest looks way darker than the original pic. Cute mummy and good luck with the cats.

Cathy said...

The mummy is so cute and so is the mermaid. I agree about the chest though--I hope you can find something lighter.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I thought you meant the mermaid's chest to start with but couldn't see what was wrong with her bosoms! Now I understand. Hope you can find a good solution.

Barb said...

It always drives me crazy when the called for floss looks nothing like the picture! Your mermaid is quite lovely!

Sheryl said...

Pretty mermaid pattern, hope you get the floss sorted out.

Faith... said...

Those darn frogs! Glad to see it wasn't to much that needed to be ripped out. She is very pretty and I hope you are able to finish it up after you get the chest figured out. I love that Mummy, he is the cutest!! :)