Saturday 25 July 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🌹

This afternoon I decided to bring out this lovely piece, it's been quite a while since I worked on this one.


It doesn't look like I did very much since I'm working on the backstitching, but it's a start.


I did finish this one though, I'm just not sure how I'm going to finish it yet.


This evening Nathan and I went to another drive-in movie, it was Guardians of the Galaxy. Before we arrived, it was pouring rain with thunder and lightning at home so we weren't sure what to expect here. Well, it was beautiful!


We had a great view - the moon, the movie, and heat lightning!


When we arrived home, Chewie's brother, Zoom, was over for a visit and apparently I'm not allowed to go to the bathroom without them wanting to follow and help me. Thanks guys, I'm good.


It seems I also needed assistance in drinking a margarita. Guess who's in his crate sleeping off his very active play date?


How's the weather been with you lately? I'm a little tired of this heat wave we've been having, but so glad we've had some rain in spite of it being a little severe! This was from this evening, our rain garden was filling up.

12 comments:

Mad Englishwoman said...

I love the pictures of the dogs and the way you write about them. I'm slowly learning about cross-stitch (if that's the right word).

Mary said...

I love the witch hat and looking forward to seeing how you finish it. Love anything with flowers and beehives, very pretty stitch.
The new cat that adopted us has to come into the bathroom too, I think they know that they will have your undivided attention!!
I'm pretty darn sick of the heat, once it's over 80 I complain!! Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie said...

The garden cross stitch piece is looking so wonderful! That is so great that Chewie can play with his actual brother. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so glad to see the garden piece once again - I always loved that one. The backstitching is the boring part of the creation isn't it, but it brings it to life so has to be done.

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous stitched piece Astrid, always tiring having to complete the back stitching.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Astrid. I could sure use the rain. I'm so tired of the heat.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see Gathering Honey came out for a play. The Witch's Hat finish looks great too.
We have typical school holiday weather here now, cool and damp! The best of the weather was during lockdown.

Cathy said...

I love the garden piece and the witch's hat is cute! I've been having a problem closing the bathroom door lately, because Taz is in the middle of joining me. It's okay though, because he usually goes and sits in a corner; he just wants to be near me.

Bethan said...

The garden piece looks so great! Weather here can't quite make up it's mind, but feels quite muggy most of the time. I did get absolutely soaked in a thunderstorm yesterday though! x

Barb said...

I absolutely love that cute witch hat! I have also loved watching that garden grow(not the rainy one)!We are having our first 90 degree day of the summer but tomorrow it is only 80 so I guess we can put up with one hot day. Of course, up here, very little have ac so it really can be a problem. The sky pictures from the movie were very pretty!

Faith... said...

Oh we haven't seen that piece in a while! Backstitch is one of those things that you barely notice when you do it but really notice when you don't! The Witch Hat looks really great too and look forward to seeing how you finish it. We have been having some rain too which makes it extra humid here.

Glad Chewie had a fun visit with his brother!

Katie said...

Love that garden piece. Glad to see it out again. I went to see Twister a million years ago at a drive in and there was lightning in the distance. We said it was 3D haha. Love the puppy photos of course. We are having a drought right now. We did finally get some rain over the weekend. I think we were like 3 inches low for a bit there. My poor dad just can't get rain for his pond.