Saturday 18 July 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🐱

This afternoon I was stitching in my regular spot in the great room, but later this evening I stitched in the bedroom so I could spend some time with Maximus. He is still being a scaredy cat and not coming out of the bedroom unless we take him out and bring him to another safe place. It's been two months, this is getting ridiculous!


So close, I'm almost finished with the right side! I might take a break after I finish adding the two ghosts and then stitch something else just for a change of scenery. Not sure what yet, probably something small.


Earlier in the week I had company in my craft room, Ming!


I found some fun fabric to sew more masks, perfect for Nathan because his school's mascot is a knight.


And because I don't need Chewie in my room getting into trouble and bothering the cats when they're in there, he gets to sit outside and watch. Still spoiled rotten.


These two are for DH, perfect since he's an aerospace engineer!


My girl Cori and I went to see Finding Nemo at our local Clarksville Commons, outdoors with social distancing in place.
"Mine, mine, mine!"

You can never be too old for Disney movies, at least not me! Do you have a favourite one? My favourite princess is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I love Toy Story because of the Gmen, and Cars because of Nathan - they were the first movies they got to see at the theater and they loved them. I still have their toys from both movies, I can't get rid of them!


Thank you for your suggestions last week about filing/labeling, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do and might just wait until the fall/winter to do something about it.


11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness. I feel so bad about Maximus. :( You certainly found the perfect fabrics for your guys for mask making!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Poor Maxiumus - missing out on all the fun. Funny how kitties seem to have their quirks. I can't get over all the details in your stitching project. It's the type I would like because there's not too much of any one thing to challenge my attention span. Disney movies are the best and I can't pick a favourite....all I know is that I hate 'Bambi'. Saw it once and refuse to ever watch it again. My boys thought I was silly until THEY watched and now they're traumatized too (and they're in their 30's and won't let their kids watch it).

Cathy said...

I love the material for the masks, very appropriate in both cases. Janice said yesterday that she needs to order more for Kyleigh. Right now, she'll probably be doing online learning though, because our county is on the governor's watch list.

My favorite Disney movie has to be the Cars series, but I can't explain why.

Meg said...

Your Halloween stitch is so sweet and colorful! I like the moon. The bats look like a smiling face.

Wonderful mask fabrics, and it looks like you know how to sew a great mask! I wish more people would wear them here. Schools reopening in the fall with masks “expected but not required,” and we have more cases per capita than CA. Insanity.

I love the original Cinderella the most, but I love the music from the original Jungle Book.

On your last post about filing, have you considered creating a spreadsheet listing designer, pattern name and where it’s located? I keep an online spreadsheet at Google Sheets that I can access anywhere (computer or iPad). I do this in case I’m tempted to buy a pattern but need to make sure I haven’t already got it. I also keep notes about whether I’ve stitched it or not, or if it was a gift from someone.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Haunted Mansion is looking great, there's so much detail in that design. Cats have long memories and hold grduges LOL

I am not really a Disney fan but I would go with Alice in Wonderland and Fantasia as my favourites. Because of Disney's rules about releasing their films once every 7 years I didn't get to see all of Fantasia until my son was born and I bought the video. He loved it all but especially the dinosaurs.

Barb said...

You did a terrific job picking out mask fabric. That Halloween design is so cute. I still remember seeing Cinderella with my 5 year old daughter. She is now a grown woman . We always go to see the most recent Little Woman together!

Faith... said...

The Haunted House looks so good. I can surely understand about needing a break from it though and that is why I have so many WIPs. The mask materials are perfect for your guys! Is Nathan's school going to open for in school classes? I think our's are starting out as home or in class school and we are going to do home to be on the safe side.

Every Disney movie seems to be my favorite when it comes on. I find myself watching the Disney+ channel quite often!

Mary said...

Your mansion building is coming along nicely. I have to see Cars, I just found out that much of the scenery is based on places on Rt 66. Some cats take longer than others to get used to a new pet. We adopted a cat that was hanging around for a month and thankfully the transition went easily with my cat and dog. Only problem is that my cat got pushed out of his favorite places by the new cat, funny how they like the same comfortable spots. Hope they make friends soon!

Tiffstitch said...

Great fabric for masks, and good for you being able to make them. I tried and mostly failed, but I may attempt it again. Robin Hood is my favourite Disney movie, and you're definitely never too old. The fact I have a young child means I get to experience them all over again as well. When we moved, our cat, whom we'd had for 3 years, took about 6 months to stop hiding everywhere. Give Maximus time. (my cat is Max as well!)

Linda said...

Looks like a fun and productive day Astrid.

Linda

Katie said...

Hi. Long time no talk. Poor Maximus. Hopefully he finds a new friend in Chewie soon. Love your Halloween piece but I get burned out on a piece after so many days too so I don't blame you. Love the fabric you picked for the masks. They are such a pain. I really hope this whole virus goes away soon. I love Disney. My favorite is Little Mermaid.