Saturday 4 July 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🎥

This Friday was rather busy, with TWO stitching grounds!
This afternoon I was stitching in DH's brew area while he was brewing a new beer.


I was also partaking in this amazing sour, it was delicious!


Still slow going, I want to finish everything outside of the house before doing the last room and the front door.


On a side note, I got these earlier in the afternoon at the local Dollar Tree. More travel cases, always nice to have extra on hand and something a little different than what I have.


This evening there was a beautiful sunset at the fairgrounds.


With this guy!


We went to the fairgrounds for a drive-in movie night and I was able to get some stitching in while we waited for it to start.
After a 90+° day, it was actually cool enough that we could open the windows and sunroof and it wasn't too hot.


Can you tell what we're getting ready to watch?


Unfortunately at this point, it got a bit breezy and the screen went a bit wonky and then deflated. But not for long, they got it up again and we got to finish the movie.
This will be a weekly occurrence for the rest of the summer, with social distancing and masks in place when you're not in your car. Not sure what next week's movie will be, they'll be posting it tomorrow.


Have you been lucky enough to have any pop-up drive-ins or something similar?

9 comments:

Mary said...

Your husband has quite the professional brewing operation going on, do you enjoy his brews? Slow going but your making great progress on the house. It's going to be done for this Halloween for sure! We have a drive-in in my town, one of the last around. Probably the only way I'll be going to the movies for some time. Have a safe and Happy 4th!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You find the most interesting looking drinks! Your mansion is coming along - I'm sure you're anxious to see it finished. As for drive ins - we actually have one here, one of the very few that still remain. It opened recently but no concession booth or washroom facilities - not sure how the lack of washrooms is going.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Astrid. Love your travel cases. Oh how fun it would be to go to the drive-in again. I haven't been to one since 1969.

Linda

Faith... said...

My, I never knew there were so many flavors of beer until I started seeing them in your posts! Some sound very interesting. You really got around with your stitching this week and Haunted Mansion is coming along nicely. Have you decided about the new "people" who will be in your piece? I haven't been to the drive in since I have been in Arizona but there was one not to far from us in Indiana when we lived in Illinois. I heard last week that Walmart will be using some parking lots to open drive ins soon!

Annie said...

I love your project; those colours are stunning together! Sounds like a brilliant idea to have drive-in movies, although I haven't heard of any here in Sweden.

Barb said...

That brew room is impressive. I'm going in search of a great summer beer since I have no brewer in my family, that looked so good. No outdoor movies close but it sure looked like fun! Your Halloween piece is so cute. It will be a great piece to have for the Fall.

Cathy said...

It sounds like you had a fun day!

Bethan said...

Really great progress! The inflatable screen is such a clever idea on the whole - I hadn't noticed until you said. No drive-in films, but one of the musicals over here is doing a drive-in tour of their show, so me and my theatre friend are going to watch it as a birthday treat to ourselves x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haunted Mansion is looking good. What count are you stitching it on? It looks smaller than I thought it was!
We don't really have drive-ins here. The weather isn't really conducive to sitting in a car watching a movie while the windscreen wipers are going!