Friday 22 May 2020

A Jumble of Events 💖

On Wednesday, we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It certainly doesn't seem that long ago! Here we are at the same chapel, how nice that it's just down the road.


For our 20th, we celebrated early in Dubai, what a fantastic experience.


This special year, we were planning on going to Iceland to celebrate. Well, that didn't happen... yet! I don't know when we'll be able to go, but hopefully when things get back to normal, or rather, the new normal.
So instead we ordered from our local Mexican place and brought it home since pick-up is the only thing available. We snuck away to the basement and ate at the bar to make it a little different!


We don't really do gifts, but I did get beautiful roses and I made DH a wooden stitch piece to include our 25th.


And hey, my flowers from Mother's Day still look good.


This was taken on a sudden short visit to my parents earlier in the week. My Dad decided to take some of my Mom's CBD oil as a sleep aid and ended up taking too much by mistake. He was able to call a friend to come over and take care of Mom for a little bit, she was still in bed at 1:30pm because he couldn't take care of her. My nephews were luckily able to come help out until I got there, big relief. So I spent the night and helped with Mom. When I got there, Dad was still out of it, but at least he wasn't slurring his words. I think his only experience with drugs was his last!


The following day, his friend came over to pick him up to get his car, but he was still not feeling well enough, especially to drive. So I went to get it instead, old school driving! Roll down windows, huge steering wheel, bouncy seat, push button radio with cassette player, and nothing electronic. Ah, the 80's!


Today, Gman2 was able to get a hair appointment in another county for him and Nathan. Do you think they needed it?!
BEFORE


What a difference, they clean up nicely! They were both so happy to finally have their haircut. I have to wait until next month, hopefully our county will be open by then so I can visit my hairdresser. 
AFTER


I wasn't sure if the Hawks had come back this year since I hadn't seen them, but today I certainly heard them and then saw them.


This is one of the babies, I also saw another one, but no more.


And it's another year with Mom, Dad, and another part of the family. I could only get the two together today.


Off to do some stitching and I'm looking forward to our pizza Friday with the family, especially since the guys make it!

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! 25 years is a great milestone for sure. So sorry you weren't able to do your trip but a quiet celebration is okay too. I know what you mean about a haircut - DH has been doing mine. Not perfect, but I don't care. He just shaves what's left of his off and he's good. Wonderful to see the hawk family - lucky you!

Vickie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely 25th celebration! I had no idea about the CBD oil. How scary. We have Saturday pizza nights. ;)

Cathy said...

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary! Our 46th was Monday. I'm glad you were able to celebrate, even if not the way you'd planned. (We picked up a KFC bucket for ours.)
I'm glad everything worked out with your dad and you got a chance to visit your mom.
Your sons look good with their haircuts.

Barb said...

A very happy late anniversary. Glad you found a way to celebrate! We celebrated my bday last week with take out also! But I still had dishes to do! My sweet DH ordered lots of charts on my wish list! Your boys really look like their Dad!Sorry about your Dad and I hope now all is well!

Julie said...

Belated anniversary wishes to you both.
Poor dad, what a scarey time for him (and you too).
Love the birdie pics.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you managed to celebrate in a low-key way.
Your poor Dad though, I am sure the boys will tease him about that incident!

Faith... said...

Happy Anniversary to you both and how cool that you still go to the same chapel after all these years. I bet your Dad was scared to death and know he knows why he preached 'Don't do drugs' to you guys all those years! Glad he turned out to be ok though. Glad to see the Hawk Family!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary and for making the best of the situation.
Lovely to see the hawks back too, although I expect the lack of garden birds might be a bit sad.

Linda said...

The boys sure did need the haircuts. Happy Anniversary.

Linda