Tuesday 12 May 2020

24 Hours to Hell and Back - a must see! 📺

In other news, we have this to look forward to tonight!
Gordon Ramsay 24 Hours to Hell and Back: Save Our Town - Ellicott City.
If you can't see it tonight, maybe you'll be able to see it later online.


This beautiful little town is about 10 miles away from and it's my go-to place for a walk with the family, window shopping, and antique shopping. 
It was devastated by TWO floods, which kept it closed for a while and still has many empty shops.

This clock was recovered in the first flood.
"The clock is a replacement from the original clock that was swept away in flood water in 2016. Pieces of that clock were eventually found. The face is displayed in a museum."


This was from the 2016 flood.


The show was taped in February, and I knew it was going to be crazy busy there so I didn't go take a peak while he was there.

I hope you can see a little bit of my neck of the woods, it's lovely there!

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Two floods - wow. That's horrible. Looks like a lovely little town and I hope that they're able to recover.

Julie said...

Sorry, not a fan or Gordon so i'll give it a miss.
I hope he was able to help those in need.

diamondc said...

Astrid: It is sad that this has happened twice, I am wondering if this is the same town they featured on the weather channel.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Barb said...

Missed the show but I will look for it later. I should have read blogs sooner!

Faith... said...

I did watch it and I was teary eyed listening to shop owners stories. His show did a great job making those three businesses over. I pray that they won't get another floos anytime soon.

Mary said...

The stone building is gorgeous!! How sad that they were hit with 2 floods.

Katie said...

I know mom watched it. How neat. Thanks for sharing. I hope he was able to help get it back to what it was.