Saturday 4 April 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🧜‍♀️

This evening I had Ming for company while stitching. I was also sitting with DH and Gman2, we were watching Netflix's Tiger King. OMGoodness, no way could that be real. Talk about drama!


I decided to pick up this little sweetie, it's certainly been neglected. But maybe it's a good thing I took a little break, it does get a little repetitive.


And my drink tonight... DH surprised me with this one from his local brewery delivery yesterday. Yum!


He's doing his part in helping the local businesses, he gave me this one before dinner!


Although I was outside again pulling weeds this afternoon, this is my beauty today. It's been blooming like crazy and as soon as the weather is stable it will be going outside.


So here's Addie and my Mom when I called today. This is what Addie does when she hears/sees me calling. Not the best recording, I was using my iPad to catch it. It's so nice to see them, but not knowing when I'll see them in person really stinks. At least Mom is feeling better, it's now Dad who's exhausted with no energy.


Are you able to video with friends and family? Facetime has been nice, and of course just using the old fashioned phone works too! I hope you are all doing well and staying safe, we can do this!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Addie answering you is too cute!!! I hope you get to see your Mom soon too, it's wonderful that we have the technology to face time. Your beer choices look so interesting!! Stay well.

Linda said...

What a great video of Addie and your mom Astrid. Love the piece your working on.

Linda

Julie said...

Your mermaids are looking lovely.
Addie is a sweetie and obviously approves of technology and loves to chat with you.
I've been keeping up with friends and family, chatting and facetiming.
Take care

Katie said...

Aww that is adorable!!! Your two drinks look yummy. The mermaids look great! Jeremiah and his bestie just video chatted while we watched our WWE pay per view. We try to always watch it together. I couldn't help it I had to visit my dad. He pouts like a little kid. But really he is even more safe than Fred since he's retired now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Mermaid Biscornu is so cute. Maybe one a week is the best way to tackle this project?
Nice way to support local businesses too!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You do find the most interesting drinks! Sez I, who gets excited over plain ol' iced coffee. Talking about face timing (Skype for me) one of my friends and I are now doing that once a week during our usual coffee time together. We get our coffee and sit and knit together just as we would when we can actually get together. I will do the same with my other 'weekly coffee' friend this week. One way to stay connected.

Barb said...

Those little mermaids are so cute. But not quite as cute as Addie! that beer looked wonderful!!!!

Rachel said...

Lovely to see the mermaid again, and to hear your mum is improving. My FIL looks after his wife too. Both are 80 but his energy is amazing. Only yesterday he was cutting up wood for their log burner! We only communicate by phone but that's OK, at least we still get to talk with them every day. :)

Cathy said...

I've done Facetime with my daughter and granddaughter and last week I did it with a friend to help with some email issues. Love your mermaids; I can't believe I'd forgotten about them.

Faith... said...

Who knew there was so much drama in the big cat zoo world, it is crazy!!! Your mermaids are looking great and so is your Mom! So glad to hear she is feeling better!

Tiffstitch said...

I'm glad your Mom is feeling better and hope your Dad will soon as well. It is hard not knowing when we'll see family. My mom finally figured out video messenger, so that was good for them to see DD yesterday. Stay safe!