Thursday 30 April 2020

April Shenanigans 🎉

Wow, it's almost May and I still have fun stuff to show from April.

Here's the Gmen on their first birthday, 21 years ago. I think they enjoyed their cake!


And here's their "social distance" birthday celebration on the 7th.


Gman2 requested zucchini bread for his cake, no problem.
He missed getting a haircut before the shutdown, you should see it now!


Gman2 had a tiramisu cake, he celebrated with his gf C and her grandparents.


Then it was time for Cori's birthday, she had to settle for distance hugs and kisses!


She was "loving" the frozen zombie pop I made her!


Social distance birthday wishes were a hit, but I'm looking forward to it coming to an end!


Unfortunately, the PEEP Show Nathan and I normally attend during his spring break was cancelled. BUT, you can still see and vote for the entries HERE! This is one I thought was cute, Forky!


Another cancellation 😢 was for a shore retreat I was going to, so we made "a toast to our continued well being and offer up some prayers for those who are not .. and end with a wish that we will all be together again soon." So here was my beachy contribution, with Ming as my sidekick.


My attempt at face masks, still working on making more.


Can you guess which one I'll be making for myself?!


Distant learning for Nathan also includes band, he'll be playing/zooming for the first time later today.
He's doing okay with his classes, but doesn't really like when I require gym outside when it's nice!


I think that's it for now, I have been stitching, but you'll see that later. I hope your super long April wasn't too bad for you, and let's hope May will be a little less restricting, AND safer and healthier!

10 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun post Astrid. Happy birthday to the boys.

Linda

Barb said...

I hope you two handsome young men had a wonderful birthday!!I got a kick our of the hair problem. I get my hair cut every 4 weeks. Well, the last time was late Feb. It blows in my face and is driving me crazy! I am thankful that is my biggest problem!

Mini said...

What a lovely post! How nice to celebrate birthdays even if they are done by maintaining social distance.
Here, the lockdown may continue till June.
Take care.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your April Shenanigans really made me smile, thank you

Katie said...

Lots of great family photos. Thanks for sharing. Love your dragon mask of course!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

At least you got to SEE both of them on their Birthday, even if one was at a distance.
You could have just thrown his cake at him, to recreate the effect of the first photo!
I am sure the dragon mask is for you. I couldn't bear the one with spiders, I would think there was a real one hiding among them LOL

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy Birth Day wishes to all! Looks like everyone managed to celebrate in some way which I guess is all that can be expected in these times. And oh yes I'm pretty sure I know which mask will be yours!

Faith... said...

Looks like a bus April! Happy Birthday to the GMen and Cori! Oh and it is Forky! Looks like you are wearing mermaid pants in your beachy tribute! :) They cancelled school here, which I hate because the kids are getting lazy already. Have a great night!

Julie said...

Looks like you had fun times in April.
The dragon is definitely for you, no spiders here... scarey.

Bethan said...

Happy birthday to the boys. Glad you are making the best out of social distancing :) Love your facemask fabric x