Saturday 25 January 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🧛‍♂️

Today's stitching ground has me at home, with my usual companions!


I decided to change it up a bit and start The Haunted Mansion by tiny modernist. I have all the patterns so I can go in any order. It's a slooow start, I'm stitching one over 32 and now I'm wondering why!


Last night was awful, Maximus got outside and we didn't know it. I thought he might have gotten out because I couldn't find him anywhere in the house. I can't tell you how many times I opened the front, back, and garage doors to see if he was out there, but never got any response. When I woke up after 7am, I thought to check Ring at our front door and saw this! He had been coming to the front door from 2am to 4:30am! I pretty much screamed at Paul that he was outside and ran to the front door to see if he was there. We called and looked for him for over an hour and I finally found him in our enclosed porch under the sofa. He was scared, but fine. I thought for sure we had lost him to an animal, the cold, or whatever. I never want to go through that again!!! And now I know to turn on the motion notification on my phone if one of them is ever missing again!


On a brighter note, I celebrated this evening by appreciating some cans! 🍻


And for my sweet friends everywhere, please don't forget that YOU ARE AWESOME❣ 🥰


Have you complimented anyone lately?
I had a special talk with Gman1 this evening and received some very loving compliments from him, I had some to give him too!

14 comments:

Linda said...

So happy your baby came home Astrid. One of ours got out several years ago. We looked everywhere for her. We left the garage up part way. John checked every 20 minutes at the door. Finally after a few hours she was at the door and didn't try to go out for a long long time. She goes out in the garage once in a while but if the garage door is up she comes right back in. Love your new start.

Linda

Cathy said...

I'm so glad that Maximus is ok! The Ring doorbell is great! Our neighbor's outside cat is always setting the motion detector off and we see him strolling by. I enjoyed seeing your over one on 32!

Julie said...

Being a cat owner myself Astrid I understand the frantic panic when one of our babies cannot be found. So pleased to read he his home and getting some puuurfect loving from his mum again.
A fun new start.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wow, over one on 32 count is a challenge but it looks amazing!
Maybe you should fit a cat-flap in one of the doors? My Grandad's cat actually had a kennel on their back porch so she could shelter if it rained when they were out.

Cathy said...

Our kitten spent one night outside when he was a few months old. The first thing he did when he came in was go straight to the litter box. He's been out a few times since, but usually meows to come in after about a minute or so.

Haunted Mansion is in my stash as well.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh no - you and Maximus must have both been scared. Hopefully he'll think twice about braving the great outdoors in the future. So glad he's okay.

Shelly said...

Aww, poor Max! So glad he's okay. I have had to call into work late at times because I was out trying to round up my cat. She's an indoor cat and I just can't go off without knowing she's outside. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the Haunted Mansion, looks like it'll be a fun stitch.

diamondc said...

Astrid: I am so sorry Maximus was outdoors for so long, Blondie did that once she hates the outdoors except the back deck, no steps and way up high.
Haunted Mansion is a very sweet design.

Catherine

Vickie said...

What a scare with your dear boy! I am so glad it turned out well!!

Barb said...

To think I missed compliment day!! Oh well, it is never too late to give a compliment. You have a delightful blog so that is my start! Glad you found your kitty. We had a wonderful neighbor kitty named Jinx. He had irresponsible owners and they always left him out. One sad night the coyotes got him!! My DH and I were so sad!

Jan said...

I know how freaked out I get if one of our kitties even look like they are going to go out the door. Glad he came back home no worse for wear (except your nerves!).

Bethan said...

I'm glad Maximus came back safe and well from his adventures! Good luck with your stitching x

Katie said...

Oh I'm sure you were just terrified. Glad he found his way home safe and sound. Poor guy. Beautiful project. I will enjoy watching it grow even if it is slowly. I've seen it finished and it's just gorgeous. You are awesome too!

Rachel said...

Oh no! Glad you and your cats are all reunited now.
Your new start is one that's been on my wish list for a while but I've been a good girl (so far) and will enjoy watching your version grow instead of stitching it myself. But 1 over 1 on 32? You must be almost as mad as the little people who inhabit the house! Good luck! :)