Friday 10 January 2020

Friday's Stitching Ground 🐨

Even though I haven't finished my snowglobe, I needed a change and thought this should be it. 

I'm sure you've heard of the terrible brush fires in Australia, killing at least 25 people, and over one billion animals there. I can't even watch what they're showing, it's just heart breaking.
There are several cross stitch pieces out there you can purchase and the money is donated to charities there. There are even instructions on how to sew pouches for the surviving animals. But since I'm a better stitcher, I thought I would purchase a pattern and this is what I chose. Not to say I won't purchase another one... or maybe even two!



And what better place to start than with the heart.
I decided to make this a small one, 28 count on Carnation Pink, over one.


Have you purchased any of the patterns, or are you able to sew some pouches?

13 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's unbelievable what's happening in Australia, the scale is enormous. We have donated directly to WIRES https://www.wires.org.au

Katie said...

It's just sad what's happening. I hope it ends soon for them. I haven't purchased one yet. I do like them alot though. Just trying to decide which one. Frosted Pumpkin has a lovely on too.

Linda said...

I can't even look anymore. I just sit here and cry.

Linda

diamondc said...

Astrid: Thank-you for the link.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a cute pattern. I haven't bought one yet but I just saw the HATS design on Kaye's blog and was tempted by that one.

Cathy said...

The fires are horrendous and it's special that several designers are helping to raise money for the cause. I love the fabric you've chosen, but 28-count over 1 is soooo small.

Barb said...

You picked a cute piece. I like samplers so I chose the sampler. It feels so good to have a hobby that is so concerned and helpful. This is a real plus for the stitching community!

Rachel said...

You've chosen a lovely chart to help a good cause. I probably wouldn't stitch a charity piece, but I would donate via a website. I'm off to have a look now. :)

RJ said...

Hello Astrid! It is so good to be back in blogland again. I have missed all of my blogging friends so much. The fires in Australia are so terrible and have done so much damage. Thank you for letting us know about this small way to help. I'm headed over. I love the little K bear. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Jan said...

I've purchased two so far. Jane Marshall sampler from Nicola of Hands Across the Seas. She has raised over $32K AUS so far. Also, HAED has the Sad Koala and they are donating 100% to the Australian Brushfire Project.

Bethan said...

I have yet to purchase a pattern, but I plan to, and donate some money. It's so devastating, but so wonderful how so many people are trying to help anyway they can x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There are a number of people locally who are making pouches - someone spoke about it at our quilt guild meeting yesterday too. It's something concrete people can do.

Faith... said...

That is a cute one that you selected. It is devastating and not only to Australia but I would think it will affect the entire world; especially where the animals are concerned. So sad...