Thursday 27 July 2023

Fun at the Flower Power Retreat ✌❤ 🪡

And whoosh, just like that, it seems like forever ago! 
This was the Flower Power retreat in June, hosted by Linda and Annette @LinAnn Events.


This sweet piece was stitched by Helene and framed by Kim. It's a lovely addition to the Flower Power display.


Most of the room, empty but one.


Our hot mess of a table!


Our free pattern and goodies.


Sara @Sister Lou Stitches had her lovely patterns available, they are so cute!


Annette @Mind Your Needle always has so many needle minders and fobs, it's hard to pick just one!


Just a small section of the needle minders.


And such fun fobs!


I was trying to be good, but had to have these treasures. The mermaid goes perfectly with the scissors from the goodie bag.


The lovely Janis @Noteworthy Needle was also there. I'm looking forward to taking her Change of Seasons class at our next retreat.


A couple of other goodies I couldn't resist.


It wouldn't be a LinAnn retreat without Jimmy @Needlework with Jim!


This is Annette's photo of BFF Bags. Sadly, they are closing up shop soon but we still had lots to choose from!


I already had the tea bag, perfect for my traveling teas. But I couldn't resist the other two!


I showed this in a previous post, it was finished in Annette's (Mind Your Needle) cube finishing class.
Still not thrilled with the skull/spider's web, but I had a time crunch and I had to stick with it before the finishing class.


The "flip" side for spring/summer.


Once again, a better view of what each side looks like.


An amazing, beautiful finish by Barb, it took her five stitching years to finish it! As much as I love mermaids, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to stitch this one.


The Grab Bag Exchange, so many and such fun!


The word was PETAL and this is what I put together.
I found the cute pig planter and thought it needed some pink.


Two of the ones I picked were "grabbed" and this is what I got to keep in the end.
A lovely box put together by Linda, with a Pincushion, Embroidery thread, Thimble, Aida, and a Light. All useful and appreciated!


I ended up winning all this amazing fabric from Jimmy as my little pig was one out of two for most creative. What a nice surprise, so many beautiful colours!


So are you ready for some drama entertainment?!
Saturday afternoon, I went to our room during the afternoon to get a drink. The hallway AND our room smelled rather "skunky". I told our table when I came back down and when Karen went to our room, it still smelled. So she went to the front desk to let them know. Fast forward to that evening going to bed, the smell had pretty much cleared and we saw a grandma being helped to her room by her family as she had obviously enjoyed herself at a wedding reception! I was having a hard time going to sleep because it started to smell again in our room, and about 2:15am, the fire alarm started going off in the hallway. I tried to wake Karen, but she didn't wake up until our room fire alarm started going off a few minutes later. And boy was THAT loud!
We peeked out the door and looked down the hall, people were starting to leave their rooms. So we took a quick bathroom visit, put on our shoes, I grabbed my purse, and we headed out the door! The hallway smelled like burnt pot, nasty.
We ended up staying outside for about an hour. Good thing I had my car keys, we had a place to sit.
Long story short - The family helping grandma was causing quite the commotion after midnight and someone called the front desk as well as the police.
Fast forward to the fire alarm - it was pulled because that family had trashed the room and tried to set fire to the carpet... with marijuana?! They apparently fled the hotel as soon as the alarm went off. I'm pretty sure they'll be found since they have their credit card information and ID!
Still a rough night for sleeping, the ventilation on our floor was terrible and still stunk in our room.


But having these ladies at our table certainly made for a fun weekend!


And here's our fantastic group. This will be a retreat to remember for sure!



8 comments:

Stasi said...

Sounds like a fun time except for the fire alarm escapade....sure hope they caught those people!!!

diamondc said...

Hello Astrid: I like your Spider finish I think it is perfect.
It looks like you had a blast, so many fun looking ladies and men.
The pig is adorable.
Congratulations on winning the fabric.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an entertaining retreat! When you said “skunky” I assumed an actual skunk had got into a ground floor room and that was going to be the adventure!
The rest of weekend does look amazing, so much to purchase too and winning all those lovely fabrics.
I’m progressing nicely with Turn, Turn, Turn.

Pamela said...

Looks like a fun retreat, but I’m sure you could have done without the middle of the night excitement.

Faith... said...

It looks like a fabulous weekend! You went home with quite the haul, lucky you! That stitched Mermaid is gorgeous!!

Too funny about the grandma and her family! I hope the hotel finds them and makes them pay big time. Wonder what they had in there that smelled skunky!

Shelly said...

Not long ago I learned from my daughter that marijuana smells skunky and I was 57 then! I guess I live quite the boring life! At least you all had a good time at the retreat! Your cube is very nice 😊

Katie said...

Wow what a fun memory to have for that forever. How crazy some people are. Glad nothing was harmed in the chaos. Lovely winnings in the fabric grab bag. I just love your pig "box". I personally know both the Sara and Janis ladies. They are so sweet. Love the bag booth. Glad I wasn't there because I would have bought too much haha. That mermaid is beautiful indeed! You can just tell her you would gladly display it for her haha.

Toki said...

The fire was terrible. 😨
But other than that, it was a very nice retreat.
Thank you for sharing so many photos. I can feel fun.
I think there were many temptations, but I think you fought hard. 💪If it were me, I would have lost immediately.😅