Monday 6 March 2023

A St. David's Day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Adventure

Since I couldn't make it to Wales that day, I went to the twin city of Havre De Grace instead.


My friend, Jeff, joined me in the adventure.


The big fish made up of lots of little fish.


These are just a few of the wooden carvings on the pier near the Concord Point Lighthouse.


And you can't be near the water without a mermaid!


One of the stores we went to was Washington Street Books and Music. It was like going to a movie museum. Later this year they are going to acquire lots of the Hunger Games clothing, that should be fun to see.


So sad, this was only a few of the stitched pieces I saw in the antique store.


I did find this treasure for only $10. I'm going to replace the duck with a monthly series I'm almost finished with.


All in all, a great day!
The Cream of Leek Soup and Welsh Rarebit that night was delicious, I need to make the soup more often.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Your monthly series will look really cute in that Astrid! :)

Stasi said...

Great find on the box..looks like you ad a very enjoyable day!

diamondc said...

Hello Astrid: It sounds like you had a wonderful time, nowadays there is not much stitched pieces in antique or second hand stores.
I like the idea of changing the duck out for a monthly treat.

Catherine

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like you had a fun day. I took home ec in high school (mandatory for all the girls) and one of the things we made was Welsh Rarebit. I remember making a fruit salad too.
That little cabinet was a 'meant-to-be' find...perfect to showcase your stitcheries and display little treasures too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like a great day out and a little closer than Wales!
I love the cabinet, what a great find. I wonder if the goose is from a 12 Days of Christmas design? With her Christmas Wreath necklace!

Faith... said...

Very interesting fish Astrid! What a cute cabinet! It will be perfect for showcasing your pieces. It looks like you could put a few little pillow ornaments around the main piece too. Very good find!

Katie said...

Fun trip. Of course you found a mermaid. I love all the pretties.