Saturday 30 July 2022

What happened to June❓❗

Back to the real world and trying to get back into blogging. I have still been stitching everyday, so that's something.

The real world meant a retreat for me in June, a funtastic getaway!
This was Flower Power in Pennsylvania, a wonderful time with friends.




My roommate, Karen, was able to come to this one!


Our table, these girls are so much fun!


The Grab Bag Exchange, the word was TULIP.


This was the box I picked from Eda. She made the project bag and pincushion, aren't they sweet?


This was my exchange - the U was hard, but I saw unscented lotion at The Stitching Post for the win!
... are the two lips in the dark!



Plenty of choices for shopping too.


What I purchased (and was gifted) from Janis @Noteworthy Needle. I'll be as busy as a bee!


My purchases from Silkweaver Fabrics and a needle threader from Rovaris.


Needleminders from Annette @Mind Your Needle. So happy to have the German and Welsh gnomes!


I purchased some smaller bags from Peggy and Roberta @BFF Pouches and Bags, and then had this one specially made since I wanted to fit my Gathering Honey in it. I love it!


Then it was mid June, and time for my birthday.
Flowers, a stitching gift certificate, a new ipad, and a much desired Wicked Witch I've been searching for for a long time, from dear Kerri!


A delicious dinner with family and us girls enjoyed some amazing crushes! 


This year I requested a chocolate cake with orange icing. DH did a great job, it was wonderful!


June isn't over, yet to come...the church picnic goodies and some recent stitching.
I'll do my best to backtrack on blog reading, but might have to settle for reading your most recent posts.

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad that you got to go to the amazing retreat with all your friends. You definitely deserve the "treat" part of retreat!
I love the purchases, especially the interesting tail...
Cake looks great too!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What happened to June? I'm seriously in doubt that July was a month at all. Surely it wasn't!!
I simply can't imagine what a stitching retreat would be like. Just the thought of being with like-minded people for that length of time is mind-blowing. Looks like you had a great month and I extend highly belated Happy Birth Day wishes!

Claudette497 said...

It looks like a lot of fun!